• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halls of Wood, Halls of Stone (TLG PR)

JoeGKushner

First Post
It sounds like there has been a serious turn around from the Troll Lords.

Not that you've ever not put out product but the product seems to be coming with a much more steady flow and a lot of it looks to be of more general interest to the whole fantasy d20 market as opposed to the adventurers which were set in Erde. The difficulty in making some setting changes varied depending on the module and in some cases, even when I thought the modules were great like Heart of Glass, required a bit more work as that was a three city-one city deal.

Speaking of which, is this product also set in Erde?

Troll Lord

First Post
Erde

Just about everything I write (Winter Runes, Heart of Glass and so on) is set in Erde. But I'm more of a story teller...you should sit in on one of my sessions sometimes. Gritty, realistic, lots of role playing with insanely intense rapid combats. Its easier to do than make up yet another setting. Erde works well as it is a fantasy setting through and through. That said, as we didn't write Halls of Stone its generic through and through. Erde will be mentioned only in passing as the large fold out map will be a section of Erde in detail. This is done to give the whole some context.

Steve

JoeGKushner

First Post
Sounds like a good product with lots of utility.

I'll be very interested in comparing this one with Seven Cities as I still get a lot of use out of that book.

Remove ads