Han Solo movie incoming....

Joker

First Post
This movie would actually be an opportunity for some world-building. Something that's been lacking from the past three movies.

carrot

Explorer
Maybe the Falcon crashed into something turning it into a squat version of itself. Kinda like how pugs are made by letting normal dogs run into walls.

They did mention in ANH that several of the escape pods had been jettisoned. I always kinda wondered if there was supposed to be something between the two prongs...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm excited for this. I remember reading the Han Solo books as a kid when they came out. No idea if they were canon for the EU, but that doesn't really matter anymore.

So far, I've been quite happy with TFA, R1 and TLJ. Perhaps it's because I planned to enjoy them and not lionize them - the same amount of slack I'd give any other film glosses over the quibbles, and I didn't go into TLJ with my mind already made up about the "destiny" of any of the characters which seems to be large issues on the internet.

So with Chewie and Han among my favorite classic characters, and my willingness to give the benefit of the doubt that it is possible to portray Han Solo by another actor no matter how much he was defined by Harrison Ford, I am hopeful and cautiously optimistic.

And looking forward to it.

MarkB

Legend
They would basically have to destroy and rebuild the entire front end of the ship to get it to match.

That's less "a lot of damage" and more "beyond totaled."

YT-series ships are portrayed as being reasonably modular. All it would take is a few straight-through turbolaser hits across the bow to make it cheaper to replace the whole front section than repair it.

Or it may have been a strategic choice having nothing to do with damage. If the Falcon became too recognisable and notorious, a decent nose-job would be a good disguise.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
YT-series ships are portrayed as being reasonably modular. All it would take is a few straight-through turbolaser hits across the bow to make it cheaper to replace the whole front section than repair it.

Or it may have been a strategic choice having nothing to do with damage. If the Falcon became too recognisable and notorious, a decent nose-job would be a good disguise.

We know the ship image is a fake, from a link posted earlier; it's not the Millennium Falcon.

Plus, I doubt they're that modular. Spaceships, especially freighters, need to be pretty sturdy.

Derren

Hero
Rumors are that the movie is a complete mess, including having to give the main actor additional lessons in acting and enough reshoots to basically having done this movie twice.

Remove ads