Han Solo movie incoming....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I frequently have to manually save your posts from the spam filter (which autobans spambots).

Please stop with posts which are just URLs. I have said this to you before, so I’m going to stop saving them from the spam filter. If the system can’t distinguish your posts from a spambot, I’ve only so much energy to devote to helping you out.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Han and Lando
Han and Chewie
Han and the Falcon

Any of these could make a fun exciting movie that does not step on anything else's toes.
Han Solo at Star's End should be the model for taking the character and putting him / them into an interesting situation.

so, here's an actual image from the set that Ron Howard tweeted out today DSd5NsWXkAAFDvM.jpg I'm guessing it's a land based speeder of some sort

I am not sure the life debt thing is ever mentioned on screen. They might just be "normal" friends, which is fine by me.

I think a view at Lando might be interesting, too. I just rewatched ESB and the way Han and Lando talk suggests that Han is kinda impressed by the changes Lando went through as he took over Cloud City.

hopeless

Adventurer
I don't know about you, but I want this movie to succeed so well that it highlights how bad tlj's story truly is!

I'd like them to start with flashbacks showing how he was orphaned, explain he joined the Imperial Academy trying to escape his life as a con artist and racer only to be dishonourably discharged after stepping in to protect a Wookie (his foster mother was a Wookie that needs to be mentioned!).

With Chewie in tow he reminisces about his return to the underworld and that's where the movie starts!

MarkB

Legend
Since so much of Han's backstory is now legends, I would like his SOLO film to:

Go into detail about the Life-Debt Chewie has with Solo.

If Han having been in the Academy is still canon or not.

Details of how Solo got into the card game which he "won" the Falcon, and the story of the "kessel (sp?) run" race.

What forced Solo into becoming a smuggler/being employed with Jabba.

etc.

Only the last of those is canon in the movies. We know Han won the Falcon from Lando, but he could just as easily have won it in a drag race or an impound auction as a card game. From the movies we don't even know he's Corellian.

Jhaelen

First Post
This should be fun. I mean, there's very little known facts about Solo's past, so they have lots of freedom in making the movie. If they're clever, they'll also try for a slightly different tone: Where Rogue One was grittier than the main movies, this one should set a more easygoing mood.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know about you, but I want this movie to succeed so well that it highlights how bad tlj's story truly is!

I'd like them to start with flashbacks showing how he was orphaned, explain he joined the Imperial Academy trying to escape his life as a con artist and racer only to be dishonourably discharged after stepping in to protect a Wookie (his foster mother was a Wookie that needs to be mentioned!).

With Chewie in tow he reminisces about his return to the underworld and that's where the movie starts!

Sounds like you’ve written the script in your head already.

Remove ads