Handicap Awareness at Gen Con

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I wrote a blog post about handicap-awareness at Gen Con. So, it's a little different than other blogs offering tips & advice for Gen Con. I'd repost the whole thing here, but I did use some language in the last paragraph that Eric's grandmother wouldn't appreciate (it's appropriate in-context, though).

TL;DR version: be aware while you're in the Dealer Hall that there are people in wheelchairs and they need space, too.

Enkhidu

Explorer
It should be noted that the advice you give isn't just for when your around people in wheelchairs. Being aware of your surroundings, and more importantly, conscious of how you affect other people is something that can also benefit those of us who've been blessed with two (mostly) good legs.

So count me in as another person in favor of not being a jerkface.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Crowded conventions are bad enough to traverse when you have a working body and the ability to (try) to dodge people. I can well imagine it would be hellish in a wheelchair. I got hit by a giant inflatable Goku once and it knocked me right down. Crowds just don't look what they are doing.

Remove ads