Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The difference is?

I heard it on BBC radio. I don't remember if they said sunlight or daylight.

Last edited:

Ulfgeir

Hero
Daylight = the sun is above the horizon (thus it is a day). You might not see it because it is cloudy or foggy. but it is different compared to nighttime.

Sunlight = you have clear blue skies. Or at least not clouds covering the whole sky. You can see the sun,

Mad_Jack

Legend
I watched Titans first two episodes. The expletives seem over the top. They use the f word because they can. And is Robin a killer in the comics? He seems to be on Titans.

I've watched the first two seasons... It's a pretty decent show.

The series is based fairly loosely on the original storylines from the comic books. The whole comic book storyline of Dick Grayson forming the Teen Titans, and then later reforming them as just the Titans is pretty dark at points. (But well worth the read.)
The series is basically taking place between the disbanding of the Teen Titans under tragic circumstances and Dick reforming them a few years later. At that point, it still hadn't been all that long since he'd given up being Robin, so he was still trying to find his identity as Nightwing, and was still on the outs with Batman. He was being written as a somewhat darker person at that point. He wasn't necessarily a killer, but was definitely struggling with trying to contain the violence within him: the realization that Batman had basically weaponized a child was a big part of why they split. The show plays it up a bit more since the first season has a definite horror aspect to it, being focused on the girl's story.
The second season goes into a lot more of the backstory of the original Teen Titans, and shows how he ended up so dark and bitter.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
@Blackrat @Aeson @Ulfgeir

if you haven’t already, get and read this.

KoDT is generally enjoyable to read. Bag Wars was awesome. And how did it start? Because they put a bunch of their NPCs inside a bag of holding with their food and supplies. The NPCs basically went on strike. Someone tried to reach inside for something and got struck by a boulder from a catapult. Thus their desire to enter bag world and reclaim their bag of holding and supplies.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I've watched the first two seasons... It's a pretty decent show.

The series is based fairly loosely on the original storylines from the comic books. The whole comic book storyline of Dick Grayson forming the Teen Titans, and then later reforming them as just the Titans is pretty dark at points. (But well worth the read.)
The series is basically taking place between the disbanding of the Teen Titans under tragic circumstances and Dick reforming them a few years later. At that point, it still hadn't been all that long since he'd given up being Robin, so he was still trying to find his identity as Nightwing, and was still on the outs with Batman. He was being written as a somewhat darker person at that point. He wasn't necessarily a killer, but was definitely struggling with trying to contain the violence within him: the realization that Batman had basically weaponized a child was a big part of why they split. The show plays it up a bit more since the first season has a definite horror aspect to it, being focused on the girl's story.
The second season goes into a lot more of the backstory of the original Teen Titans, and shows how he ended up so dark and bitter.
I have also seen it. I enjoyed it, even though I think my biggest issue was pacing in the though. Like part of the middle (or beginning, I forget) of the second season was slow and then they finished it WAY too quickly. I felt the show definitely needed an extra 1-2 episodes for that season or trim down the earlier parts to expand the later parts. But overall, I do enjoy it and look forward to the next season.

And Doom Patrol as well. DC main movies haven't been that good (including WW84), but their non-CW shows have been pretty good to awesome.

Remove ads