Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Ulfgeir

Hero
Well, I love Cherry-trees, and now when spring finally came, here are some photos I have taken the past few days...

Attachments

• IMG_20220422_232143.jpg
    IMG_20220422_232143.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220421_191532.jpg
    IMG_20220421_191532.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220424_125213.jpg
    IMG_20220424_125213.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20220422_213345.jpg
    IMG_20220422_213345.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 49

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Coworker: Do you have Confined Space Entry training?
Me: What's a 'confined space'?
Coworker: Never mind, I'll ask someone else.
Me, with 40hr CSE training and 100+ hours logged in confined spaces: :sneaky:
Sounds like something I absolutely want NONE of. I’m not claustrophobic, but when you’re talking about tight enough to to require training?

That’s at least one semi trailer full of “HELLNAW!”

Mad_Jack

Legend
Coworker: Do you have Confined Space Entry training?
Me: What's a 'confined space'?
Coworker: Never mind, I'll ask someone else.
Me, with 40hr CSE training and 100+ hours logged in confined spaces: :sneaky:

Gawd... The head of Maintenance at my old job spent twenty years doing confined space stuff at one of his previous jobs, and it had made him completely frackin' mental... He was so paranoid about safety consciousness that you couldn't unjam a damn stapler without him freaking out about it unless you were in the maintenance dept - and even then, he'd want you to put up safety cones and lockout/tagout the damn stapler... :rolleyes:

(When I was running the box-making machine, I was literally the only guy in the company who'd been shown by the factory tech guy how to do the dirt-simple preventative maintenance on it, but sometimes I'd have to wait for a whole week until one of the maintenance guys had time to get around to it. And then I'd have to stand there and talk them through it since they didn't know what they were doing.
Because, despite me reaching into the machine all day long (it was completely non-functional with the door raised) to reload and unjam it, the guy insisted on having the thing locked out just to hit a handful of lube spots, grease the chain, blow the water out of the air line and blow the dust out of the cpu drawer. He even kept the key for the side doors of the machine in his desk drawer. :rolleyes: )

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Gawd... The head of Maintenance at my old job spent twenty years doing confined space stuff at one of his previous jobs, and it had made him completely frackin' mental... He was so paranoid about safety consciousness that you couldn't unjam a damn stapler without him freaking out about it unless you were in the maintenance dept - and even then, he'd want you to put up safety cones and lockout/tagout the damn stapler... :rolleyes:
I don't see the problem...

But seriously though, yeah...the years of safety training can start to make you paranoid after a while. But I think it's the good kind of paranoid, the kind that will make you take fewer risks than necessary, keep you safer than you need to be, and force everyone around you to slow down, think things through, and do them right. As opposed to the bad kind of paranoid...the sort that makes you do the really bizarre and harmful stuff like reject life-saving vaccinations.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
But I think it's the good kind of paranoid, the kind that will make you take fewer risks than necessary, keep you safer than you need to be, and force everyone around you to slow down, think things through, and do them right.

While this is certainly true, it also made him hard to work with, since he was constantly stressed out and screaming at everyone over insignificant things.

In other news...

Remove ads