Harshthread

Harsh

First Post
Nonlethal Force,
Thanks man! Much appreciated compliments. I will try to steal some time to check out your Story Hour sometime. I am actually getting a bit more busy, but I am also still looking for commissions.
For something like Stormblade I would only ask for around $15.00 USD (depending on compexity of image--every image is different, but this is my base cost), and a more finished image like Greeter would take a lot longer and would usually run aroun $45-$50 USD. It's all in the detail and size. A typical 1/4 page usually runs around $15-20 for freelance illustration (at my level of experience) and that is like the Stormblade, Wyrmkin, and Vermin Lizard Drake images above.
If you are interested (and anyone else for that matter) check out my webpage for contact info and email. Thanks again!
Harsh

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
When I first looked at that last dragon, I glanced by really quickly and thought the spear was a lute and thought, "Dragon Bard! Awesome!"

But, maybe a future picture. :)

Halfbat

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
When I first looked at that last dragon, I glanced by really quickly and thought the spear was a lute and thought, "Dragon Bard! Awesome!"

But, maybe a future picture. :)
Yeah, I absolutely _love_ his wyrmkin (that dragon thing with the flint spear) - Harsh's brought them to life. And Greeter and the Vermin Drake (the two-legged dragon) are breathtaking.

Harsh

First Post
Update time!
Here are a few images I have just finished up. All done in digital color over pencils.

Goblin Adventuring party
Goblin%20Crew.jpg

A commission for a Story Hour right here at En World!
(http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=58227)
The%20Enforcers%20Cave%20150c.jpg

Another commission for the same Story Hour.
Enforcer%20Rampage%20150c.jpg

All images are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Harsh

First Post
Halfbat said:
Yeah, I absolutely _love_ his wyrmkin (that dragon thing with the flint spear) - Harsh's brought them to life. And Greeter and the Vermin Drake (the two-legged dragon) are breathtaking.

Thanks Halfbat! I loved working on them too. Here's looking forward to doing more in the future. :)

Xyanthon

First Post
Harsh,

Great stuff! I read your thread over at Dragonsfoot where you mentioned that you are working on your coloring. I think the stuff you have posted here is very nice. I need to work on my coloring too. I've been doing primarily B&W ink work and still need to work on my shading. Do you find it easier to use traditional medium (paints, pencils, inks, etc) or are you getting more into the digital imagery? I find I just don't have the patience for anything other than simple stuff in digital medium but that is more because of a lack of experience I suppose.

Keep up the great work!

Harsh

First Post
Xyanthon said:
Harsh,

Great stuff! I read your thread over at Dragonsfoot where you mentioned that you are working on your coloring. I think the stuff you have posted here is very nice. I need to work on my coloring too. I've been doing primarily B&W ink work and still need to work on my shading. Do you find it easier to use traditional medium (paints, pencils, inks, etc) or are you getting more into the digital imagery? I find I just don't have the patience for anything other than simple stuff in digital medium but that is more because of a lack of experience I suppose.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Xyanthon!
Well, the short answer is that I was trained/schooled with traditional medium and only now am learning the digital end of the game on my own. Online tutorials and other artists have been key in learning what I know beyond experimentation. I would, however, urge all artists to get the basics from a mentor or at least in a classroom setting. By basics I mean the traditional stuff. You will be more keen to a great many things art-related and just be more efficient while you work. You can't really learn much of that stuff from a computer screen, you can, however, apply all that information in a much more cost and time effective way. There is still a market out there for paintings and such, for certain, but digital seems to be here to stay.
Hang in there and hit the books! That's what we all have to do. Reference is huge too. Don't forget the reference. I can see my weakest pieces are sans-reference. :(
Thanks again!
Harsh

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Love your sketch work and we are looking for artists for our Kage Campaign Setting.

If interested Harsh, please take a look.

http://home.austarnet.com.au/connors1/

The races section may be the best place to start.

If you see anything you like or wish to do some art for us, please reply....we would be delighted :)

Cheers, Connors.

Remove ads