Harshthread

Harsh

First Post
Thanks again all!
The only website I have up at the moment is at www.harshweb.com
Some of these images are there, but some are not. I am constantly working on new materials and the website, but I want to finish the series of pages I am editting now before going live with them online. Should be up within a month as I continue to pursue a professional career in artwork. Thanks!
Harsh

Great Drawings

Hey Harsh I really dig your drawings!
My favorite are the assasin, the water monster, and the Halfling.

The water monster reminds me of the Kopru monster from the Isle of Dread module (1980s).
I really like the hook and the rendering on that piece.

Mortimer De Gaul

Harsh

First Post
Thanks Mortimer! Much appreciated to be...er...appreciated. ;)
I am working on some commissions currently, but will post new stuff as soon as possible. I am available for character sketches and commissions alike if anyone is interested PM or email me for more details.
Thanks!
Harsh

Storn

Explorer
I like your pencil stuff. It seems a bit stronger than the color or inked stuff. There is a solidity to the pencil, whereas the other things seem to be a bit sketchy and you are searching for an approach that suits.

NOTE: This is NOT advice to stop coloring or inking.... quite the contrary... keep pushing!!!! But see if you can't approach some of your pencil technique and weave it into other things... after all, pencil is often the foundation for all other art... at least 2d art.

Harsh

First Post
Wow, thanks Storn! Much appreciated advice, and I totally agree. The more I show and the more I look at my own work with a critic's eye, the more I see exactly what you are saying. It's all about finding my 'voice' at the moment, but I always come back to pencil work. Thanks for the nod. It's only with this type of critique that I can become a better artist as a whole.

Harsh

First Post
Thanks Ferret! I assume you mean the sea creature dude with the hook? lol, He's become a favorite for some reason. Working on more to post this weekend. Keep checking back!

In other news...
I am in need of some new programs (InDesign or Adobe Acrobat for starters) and a graphic tablet (I would really like to have the new Cintiq from Wacom!). Any help there would be appreciated either through advice or commissions (or donations--I'm not proud), or just conversation about pros and cons of each subject. Any (constructive) input is appreciated! Thanks you guys. EN World is my new favorite place to hang out. Thanks for making me feel so welcome!
Harsh

Harsh

First Post
Well, I obviously haven't had a chance to update, but I will as soon as I can. It may be a few days still. Most everything I am working on is for commissions, and I can't put it up. :(
I'll get there though. I have a lot of personal projects jotted down, just no time atm.

I'm still looking for more paid commissions if anyone is in a game or writing a Story Hour and wants images to enhance their experience.
Book illustrations are always welcome as well!

New Dragon stuff coming as soon as I get the ok. ;)

Til then,
Harsh!

Harsh

First Post
New Artwork!

I'm back again and this time I have the go ahead to show my latest work. Sceaptune Games is set to launch the first of a series of adventure books that I did some artwork in. Cool people and cool games. Can't beat that. I had a lot of fun doing this set and look forward to doing more.
Anyone else interested in my work (www.harshweb.com) please feel free to contact me.

Lost%20Isles%20Lizard%20Drake.jpg

Lost%20Isles%20Cover.jpg

Lost%20Isles%20Vermin%20Lizard%20Drake.jpg

Lost%20Isles%20Wyrmkin.jpg

Lost%20Isles%20Greeter.jpg

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Man, those are sweet. i especially like the Stormblade one that you posted on 12/30/06.

Of course, I also like the Greeter and the Cover in your latest post.

I haven't checked out your website, but what does a comission cost? If you are looking for inspiration, I write for free here at ENWorld (links in sig). It's a free read, if you care for reading stories in search of concepts to draw. Depending on your price for commission ... I might also have you draw up something for another project that I am working on.

Remove ads