D&D 5E "Has anyone converted (x) to 5e?"

the Jester

Legend
What things are there from previous edition that you'd love to see converted to 5e, but that you just haven't worked out how to do yourself? What things, in other words, would you like to see other peoples' versions of?

For me, the big ones are the faux faerie and the racial vampires from 2e Ravenloft. Which- are they in the new book? I don't know.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Castle and dungeon building guide from 1e DMG. And Creative Campaigning splat looks from 2e. However, both can be used as is in 5e, so I'm not missing anything by running 5e

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
What things are there from previous edition that you'd love to see converted to 5e, but that you just haven't worked out how to do yourself? What things, in other words, would you like to see other peoples' versions of?

For me, the big ones are the faux faerie and the racial vampires from 2e Ravenloft. Which- are they in the new book? I don't know.
Hexblood and Dhampir. Yup.

I just deeply want allllll of Dark Sun and Psionics added in a neat, interesting, and strikingly different way from Spellcasting. I sincerely thought the 5e Disciplines were a great conceit. Just wish they'd done it in a bit more focused manner, rather than trying to make a Discipline and Subclass to cover every non-psionic character style.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I guess knights of Solamnia. I keep thinking about how to do it and so far have come up with different ways without settling on one.
  • Oath and the Measure. Paladin oath, and make the different orders a roleplaying component, perhaps a faction like from Ravnica.
  • Separate oaths: Oath of the Crown, Oath of the Sword, Oath of the Rose.
  • Oath and the Measure II. As you increase in level and reach a new subclass level, you can choose to move up to the next order gaining a different ability at that level.
  • Knights of Solamnia Faction. Just like the Ravnica factions. Accepts warriors (fighters, paladins, rangers) and has different faction benefits based on your reputation within the faction. I'd even be willing to limit the orders so that only those with spellcasting ability can move into the knights of the sword, and only those with paladin levels (or perhaps a specific paladin ability like the aura) can move into the knights of the rose. Also accepts wizards of the white robes (the wizardly orders are a whole other thing to figure out) into the auxiliary order of the kingfisher.

Ah, the Gladiators handbook as well, specifically the blade dancer. And Al Qadim
A friend of mine is running an Al Qadim game, or maybe one set in the 'future' of it. He's Muslim, and he's given the setting a rising monotheistic religion that is slowly trying to out-politic the other religions so it's in a position to eventually ban them entirely. He's using it as a way to educate us players in some Middle Eastern culture and customs, but it's also silly and fun. The vibe lately has been comparable to a Coen brothers film, with more than a couple darkly comic fiascos.

But we fought a Yak-Man, which apparently is a big deal.

Hexblood and Dhampir. Yup.

I just deeply want allllll of Dark Sun and Psionics added in a neat, interesting, and strikingly different way from Spellcasting. I sincerely thought the 5e Disciplines were a great conceit. Just wish they'd done it in a bit more focused manner, rather than trying to make a Discipline and Subclass to cover every non-psionic character style.

Yeah, I don't think the OP was referring to the Hexblood or Dhampirs, but rather the elven, dwarf, gnome and halfling vampires from 2E Ravenloft. They received 3.X conversions in the Arthaus run, but nothing since that I know of.

(Neither have the other vampire types - oriental, nosferatu or cerebral, to my knowledge).

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Yeah, I don't think the OP was referring to the Hexblood or Dhampirs, but rather the elven, dwarf, gnome and halfling vampires from 2E Ravenloft. They received 3.X conversions in the Arthaus run, but nothing since that I know of.

(Neither have the other vampire types - oriental, nosferatu or cerebral, to my knowledge).
... The Dhampir -is- the Elven, Halfling, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, Dragonborn, Half-Orc, Tabaxi vampire.

Lineages in 5e are applied as a Template over a race that wipes out some, but not all, of the base race's abilities. An Elven Dhampir is different from a Halfling Dhampir.

Remove ads