• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anything ever broken your game?

TheGM

First Post
Not really, but I run low magic worlds, so I'm very careful about what I allow in for any campaign. I once had a 2E character that was maxed out on AC, and to challenge her I had to put the party in a position where if she fell the party was in trouble. That was right before 3E came out, so I've allowed only a very little outside core rules into my games, and all has been well. :D

RajAhten

First Post
What do people think about psionics, only 3.5? Daze effects (no actions repeat no actions) are pretty broken like brain lock is broken to anything without SR/PR.

pogre

Legend
I use the core rules only for the most part which helps save me the trouble of weeding out some of the stuff. Harm was a bit of a pain in our 3.0 game, but not too bad.

S'mon

Legend
Spellcasting in general always threatens to break my games; 3e abandoned the mutual vulnerability of 1e/2e where wizards could easily kill fighters but fighters could easily kill wizards. Now prepped wizards can still easily kill fighters, but with no full attacks on a move and 5' steps + CON checks allowing casting in melee, fighters can pretty well never easily kill wizards, so the MAD balance is lost.

scourger

Explorer
Conversions from one version of the same game to another or from one game system to another have broken the most games in my experience. House rules are also a great way to break a game.

Remove ads