Has there been any sort of Bronze age setting made?

Bluenose

Adventurer
Green Ronin did a series of books called their Mythic Vistas series, at least a couple of which might interest you. One was The Trojan War and another was Testament, set in bibilical times.

Hamunapatra: Egyptian Adventures was another Mythic Vistas product. Very good, too. And of course there's a GURPS sourcebook.

Starfox

Hero
Rune Quest is the original bronze-age role-playing game. Its still around.

Very mythical, focused on different levels of complexity in society and how this reflects on magic.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Another question along the same lines as my OP, but this may not be the place. Does anyone know of a good bronze age reference book or text book? Really looking for one about the entire world cultures not exclusively egyptian or greek.

Yora

Legend
Does anyone here know something about Scarred Lands? I really just heard of it for the first time and it seems to be going in a similar direction. Though I havn't found any more detailed information yet.

Probably not what you're looking for, but there's a forthcoming game using the Pendragon engine that's all about Homeric Greek adventures: Before Iron (was Age of Bronze). There's some info at the author's blog: Ian's Blog

Zireael

Explorer
I am trying to find OGL Ancients, but can't find it anywhere, most sites Google points me to are either reviews or dead or torrents (which I abhor). Help?

Yora

Legend
In a world without commonly available steel, what things that are taken for granted in fantasy worlds would be missing?

Plate armor and large two-handed swords would be the obvious things, but what else is there that is rather unlikely to exist without having access to a god suply of reasonably good steel?

TheGrandNuge

Explorer
If by sources and textbooks you mean non-gaming stuff, then:

The Cambridge Companion to the Aegean Bronze Age. It's not cheap, but try the library. If its not there you may be able to order it from another library to your own.

Archaic State Interraction:The Eastern Mediterranean in the Bronze Age by Parkinson and Galaty

Bronze Age Warfare, by Osgood

Looking up books like these, and the references within each, will lead to to others and competing views.

All come up quick on a google search.

Remove ads