Hasbro CEO: "D&D is Really on a Tear"

Sorry, that laugh was a result of clumsy fingers on my phone.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Glad to hear 5E is doing well. It really is a fun game. The more I play it, the more I like it. It's fun to DM as well. Monster creation is the most interesting it has been in any edition I can remember. It's fun to make up a monster based on an idea that you create a rule for than to have to follow a rigid set of rules already in place. This game encourages you do have fun creating monsters as well as the lairs they reside in. 5E is an edition of D&D that fuels creativity in a way I haven't felt in ages.

Talmek

Explorer
This is good news for the genre (as well as my personal favorite tabletop game). Any news of increased sales or revenue means hesitation (from a business perspective) to discontinue the brand. I may be overly optimistic here but I'm really glad that D&D was even mentioned at all. I would have been worried if it had been excluded from the report completely, or worse if it had been named as a drag (losing investment) on their portfolio.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
The fact its even menioned is good news for D&D. Again, congrats to the team for their hard work. Cant wait to hear what 2015-16 has in store for us.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Shiroiken has the right of it. Pretty positive results.
It's not a turn of phrase you see used very much in this day an age.

Glad to see things doing well.

Given the theory I've been expounding here especially over the past week, regarding 5E's trickle-out release schedule, I take this to be very good news. Successful 5E means more 5E in the future.

Remove ads

Remove ads