Hasbro Game Sales Drop Nearly A Quarter (due to MtG and Digital Games)

darjr

I crit!
Just for some clarity. It’s Magic that’s purportedly in trouble. I’m not sure D&D is, for example the PHB was 119 out of all books on Amazon US just recently. Yesterday?

Retreater

Legend
Just for some clarity. It’s Magic that’s purportedly in trouble. I’m not sure D&D is, for example the PHB was 119 out of all books on Amazon US just recently. Yesterday?
Pretend for a moment that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me ... is it Magic or D&D that drives WotC's financials?
Because if D&D is a small part of the WotC pie - and the crust, tomato sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple are all Magic cards - there could be trouble.

darjr

I crit!
Pretend for a moment that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me ... is it Magic or D&D that drives WotC's financials?
Because if D&D is a small part of the WotC pie - and the crust, tomato sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple are all Magic cards - there could be trouble.
And? Why are you repeating the obvious? Someone above was talking about D&D sales.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
D&D will stay pay. It always does.

The new corebooks will be black and white paperbacks. The number of subclasses will be cut in half, as will several spells, mostly those that can be used by sorcerers. D&D Beyond will have substantial bonus content, but only available to those with annual subscriptions. These subscribers will get a little dragon next to their name, whose color depends on how much they pay each month.

(Kidding. Mostly)

Random Task

Explorer
So they're doing better than the market in general. What's the deal about everybody losing their minds?

GOOGLE: How much has the stock market dropped in 2022?

The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 has dropped nearly 33 percent so far in 2022, the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 20 percent while the world's best-known cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, shed nearly 60 percent of its value.Sep 30, 2022
1668496123850.png

Attachments

• 1668496008924.png
    1668496008924.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 44

aco175

Legend
I thought they changed the word recession, so were weren't in one. I mean I still see my gas and groceries prices growing faster then my paycheck. Not to mention oil to heat my house, but I'm told to pay no attention to that and spend like it is 2019.

Of course spending money on games is going down. They need to make a damn good book for me to drop my remaining cash on something.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I thought they changed the word recession, so were weren't in one. I mean I still see my gas and groceries prices growing faster then my paycheck. Not to mention oil to heat my house, but I'm told to pay no attention to that and spend like it is 2019.

Of course spending money on games is going down. They need to make a damn good book for me to drop my remaining cash on something.

Do recessions require a fall in GDP for two quarters running? But do they adjust for inflation?

Remove ads