Hasbro Game Sales Drop Nearly A Quarter (due to MtG and Digital Games)

Scribe

Legend
@darjr you keep saying BoA gave Elon money as if its relevant to the greater picture here. All these predatory banks, running the artificial predatory system that is the stock market, within the predatory framework of capitalism, dont care, as long as there is short term profit to be had.

Which, is exactly what got MTG in this place. Short term profit > All.

darjr

I crit!
@darjr you keep saying BoA gave Elon money as if its relevant to the greater picture here. All these predatory banks, running the artificial predatory system that is the stock market, within the predatory framework of capitalism, dont care, as long as there is short term profit to be had.

Which, is exactly what got MTG in this place. Short term profit > All.
I don’t disagree with you. But it’s also irrational garbage like “it’s Elon!”

Scribe

Legend
I should add that I do think WotC should slow down the book release and go back to emphasizing a season of D&D

Are people feeling fatigue with D&D though? The 'pressure' to keep up doesnt really exist to me, not like it did in MTG.

Out of these, I'm cautiously waiting for 2, maybe 3 of them. Thats not going to break the bank, like MTG can do.

4022781-wizardspresents-d%26d2023releaseschedule.jpg

darjr

I crit!
Are people feeling fatigue with D&D though? The 'pressure' to keep up doesnt really exist to me, not like it did in MTG.

Out of these, I'm cautiously waiting for 2, maybe 3 of them. Thats not going to break the bank, like MTG can do.

4022781-wizardspresents-d%26d2023releaseschedule.jpg
Huh? Good point, I thought generally people are getting there. If not there yet.

I do notice a lack of focus lately, there used ti be a season that drive interest.

Now I’ve noticed a bit of choice paralysis about what to run next.

Art Waring

halozix.com
I haven't played Magic since 1995, so I don't know a lot about what's going on with the game. But a lot of game stores rely heavily on Magic for sales, and I wonder how this will affect them. Should I expect to see some stores closing soon?
No I hope not! Some store owners say they are temporarily moving over to other games like pokemon until things balance out again. But there are also game stores that have truly huge selections of games to buy and play in the store, maybe some other games can get some attention for a while while people look for new things to try.

It is also most likely a temporary situation, like how 4e dnd was not doing as well as they hoped, and made 5e which people are much happier with. Maybe they can learn from their mistakes and try to improve the game for everyone.

Art Waring

halozix.com
Now, they are printing their own proxy power 9?! For $1000??

Why even buy the cards now?
Yeah I sold of most my stuff after the eldrazi block, but I was a standard player from 4th edition through into urza block in all kinds of tournaments. I kept my pro tour captain sisay life counter though cause it has sentimental value and I use it for dnd games.

Hearing about it all again in the news, and looking into how the game has come along since I quit has been a bit overwhelming. Way way too much oversaturation of the market, OP cards (Fire design), yeah I see it it ain't too pretty.

However, I still have fun from time to time playing cube drafts with proxy's among friends. The game still can be fun when you remove the monetization from the equation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases