D&D 5E Hasbro Investor Day shows Possible D&D Movie miniatures and possibly other tie ins.

Read all three and some things I note are that Magic is their first billion dollar brand, but they believe D&D will also end up a billion dollar brand.

Magic is partnering with Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed, so I don't know if those will be secret lairs, commander decks, or full sets or both.

There MIGHT be D&D and/or MtG themed hotels and cruise ships coming.

They are going to ditch a lot of their less performing IPs to focus on their big brands like D&D & MtG.

MtG made 1.04 billion this year.

aco175

Legend
Not sure how I feel about this part. I understand they are a profit making business and should focus on growth, but they spent a few paragraphs before this talking about high inflation in the current times and Russia coming offline for buying games and then say they want to double profits from these areas. I can certainly see where they are pushing digital, digital, digital, but I worry about what that means to end users.

"Gaming is a significant driver of our topline revenue target. To achieve this, we have a plan to double the Wizards of the Coast and Digital Gaming segment revenue from 2021’s $1.29 billion. Our significant investments in Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and digital gaming drive a planned high single to low double-digit revenue segment CAGR over the next 3 years, through 2024, and a mid- to high CAGR in the latter years as we begin to see the benefits of our investments in digital gaming. By 2027, we are targeting close to 40% of the segment’s revenues in digital, both developed in house and through very high margin licensed partnerships."

On the other hand, this one paragraph filled out my "Don't fall asleep in corporate meetings Bingo card." :)

"And, finally, Supply Chain transformation is a key driver of our operational cost savings opportunity. We are laser focused on modernizing and developing the capabilities across our supply chain to deliver productivity and performance. Through rigorous analysis on procurement, sourcing, demand planning, and logistics, we have found significant areas of opportunity to drive bottom line savings and performance improvement to our customers and 5 consumers. And we are already in the early days of implementing this plan and you’ll hear more about this in our panel presentation today."

Not sure how I feel about this part. I understand they are a profit making business and should focus on growth, but they spent a few paragraphs before this talking about high inflation in the current times and Russia coming offline for buying games and then say they want to double profits from these areas. I can certainly see where they are pushing digital, digital, digital, but I worry about what that means to end users.

"Gaming is a significant driver of our topline revenue target. To achieve this, we have a plan to double the Wizards of the Coast and Digital Gaming segment revenue from 2021’s $1.29 billion. Our significant investments in Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and digital gaming drive a planned high single to low double-digit revenue segment CAGR over the next 3 years, through 2024, and a mid- to high CAGR in the latter years as we begin to see the benefits of our investments in digital gaming. By 2027, we are targeting close to 40% of the segment’s revenues in digital, both developed in house and through very high margin licensed partnerships."

On the other hand, this one paragraph filled out my "Don't fall asleep in corporate meetings Bingo card." :)

"And, finally, Supply Chain transformation is a key driver of our operational cost savings opportunity. We are laser focused on modernizing and developing the capabilities across our supply chain to deliver productivity and performance. Through rigorous analysis on procurement, sourcing, demand planning, and logistics, we have found significant areas of opportunity to drive bottom line savings and performance improvement to our customers and 5 consumers. And we are already in the early days of implementing this plan and you’ll hear more about this in our panel presentation today."

I think this is a strong hint at reshoring production to the US and Canada, a trend that is increasing thanks to the supply chain crisis.

Read all three and some things I note are that Magic is their first billion dollar brand, but they believe D&D will also end up a billion dollar brand.

Magic is partnering with Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed, so I don't know if those will be secret lairs, commander decks, or full sets or both.

There MIGHT be D&D and/or MtG themed hotels and cruise ships coming.

They are going to ditch a lot of their less performing IPs to focus on their big brands like D&D & MtG.

MtG made 1.04 billion this year.
this is where they need to leverage D&D... get Assassins Creed to let them make a campagin setting inside the The Animus

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Given the peeling back around the edges of the reserve list in MtG (they've been saying for years that regulation sized reprints were ruled out regardless of the backs/borders)... I'm guessing that there is no danger of MtG not being in the right profitability range to meet whatever goals are set for it. They'll just peel back the rest (and make the packs appropriately more expensive).

Quickleaf

Legend
Looks like at miniatures from the movie?
View attachment 263217
View attachment 263219

I do not think those minis are from the movie. They look like they're from Tomb of Annihilation.
Hasbro-Investor-Day-2022-00043 copy.jpeg

Hasbro-Investor-Day-2022-00043.jpeg

Remove ads