• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Hasbro Rejects Plan to Spin Off Wizards of the Coast

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I'm a bit surprised given how little interest they seem to take in actually using the corporate synergy of the toy company owning the rpg company. They license out the minis rather than having some division of Hasbro make them, and license out the rpgs based on other Hasbro properties rather than have WotC make them. I'm not saying I want to see WotC producing a Transformers rpg, but if they aren't going to pursue such synergies then there's really no reason for the two entities to be one.

There is rumour of the minis returning to WotC.

WizKids has ramped up their prices and releases significantly. Stores are still buying them in previous quantities but they're no longer selling. This is fine for WizKids as they sell to the distributors.

The idea is that WizKids is cashing in on their good name and then by the time the distributors stop buying from them they will lose their license anyway.

Remove ads