Hasbro/WotC's movie problems

NewJeffCT

First Post
Transformers is a horrible movie with cool CGI effects, and a director who has a good sense of rythm in action scenes, so it made money but didn't get a cent out of me.

Transformers also featured a breakout star in Megan Fox, who was ridiculously hot in that movie. Too bad everything else she has been in since has been awful.

NewJeffCT

First Post
MARLON WAYANS!!

That's right Hasbro, let someone cast him in one of your movies and it's toilet bowl city for that production.

You know what - I looked up his filmography on IMDB. I figured that he's been around long enough that he had to have been in a decent movie or two by now.

However, unless you consider I'm Gonna Get You Sucka good (And, he had a cameo in that one), nothing he's been in has been good.

So, it could be the key.

You know what - I looked up his filmography on IMDB. I figured that he's been around long enough that he had to have been in a decent movie or two by now.

However, unless you consider I'm Gonna Get You Sucka good (And, he had a cameo in that one), nothing he's been in has been good.

So, it could be the key.
I wasn't gonna go there, but yeah... ;)

Holy Bovine

First Post
The first Dungeons and Dragons, GI Joe, and even the Transformers movies all show that Hasbro has no respect for their fans' intelligence. The people running the company believe they can just put crap on the television screen and they'll make money.

Transformers is a horrible movie with cool CGI effects, and a director who has a good sense of rythm in action scenes, so it made money but didn't get a cent out of me.

So you never saw it? Saw it on TV? Just trying to figure out if you made a decision based on what the movie was and not what critics called it. For myself the Transformer movies were as good or better than that awful 80s cartoon.

... Rotten Tomatoes ...

MARLON WAYANS!!

Here's a funny bit of statistics for you: Check out Marlon Wayans page at Rotten Tomatoes ( Marlon Wayans - News, Filmography, Pictures ) You will find that the D+D movie is actually the 2nd lowest grossing movie he's been in (that we have data for). The one that's lower is Requiem for a Dream, which is actually an awesome movie where he shows he can be a legitimate actor. The only two movies with lower ratings are Senseless and Norbit - and Norbit pulled in 95 million dollars.

Going by the numbers, D+D is pulling Marlon Wayans down, not the other way around.

Going by the numbers, D+D is pulling Marlon Wayans down, not the other way around.

I think the truth is the guy still has a career and he definitely has a following. A lot of people from that era aren't around any longer, Marlon and Shawn Wayans are still making movies, producing and writing.

Remove ads