• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have We Seen Half-Orcs Yet?

Thunderfoot said:
I'm just trying to tuna out this conversation...
*winces*

As for the topic at hand, I honestly couldn't care less whether or not Half-Orcs or Orcs make it in the PHB, as long as at least one of them ends up in the MM with a full "as a PC" section...

Henry

Autoexreginated
Aeolius said:
STOP POKING MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Dabu.

Thunderfoot said:
I'm just trying to tuna out this conversation...

There's something fishy about the lack of mention of half-orcs. This bass assertion that they won't be included for the halibut is kind of scandalous. But let's not go after every red herring we see, either - could just be that they haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
GreatLemur said:
Unless I'm missing one, I believe we've heard seven races discussed and all but confirmed for the PH1: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Half-Elf, Tiefling, and Eladrin. We're also mostly convinced there'll be eight classes: Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Warlord, Cleric, Paladin, Wizard, and Warlock. This makes me think the Half-Orc might not be completely out of the running yet, since an equal number of races and classes would let them cover both with eight iconic characters quite elegantly. (Anyone care to make guesses on which combinations we'll see? No points for guessing "Tiefling Warlock".)

Hmm... these seem pretty obvious
Human Cleric
Dwarf Fighter
Elf Ranger
Halfling Rogue
Tiefling Warlock
Eladrin Wizard

If half-orcs are the eighth race, I suppose that makes it ...
half-elf Paladin
half-orc Warlord
... but I kind of picture Warlord as a charismatic type, and it's hard to re-imagine half-orcs as stereotypically playing a charisma-based class.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Henry said:
There's something fishy about the lack of mention of half-orcs. This bass assertion that they won't be included for the halibut is kind of scandalous. But let's not go after every red herring we see, either - could just be that they haven't gotten around to it yet.
I trout it's a fluke. If they were to pike one race to bone, it'd be one that's floundering.

Cheers, -- N

Kahuna Burger

First Post
drothgery said:
Hmm... these seem pretty obvious
Human Cleric
Dwarf Fighter
Elf Ranger
Halfling Rogue
Tiefling Warlock
Eladrin Wizard

If half-orcs are the eighth race, I suppose that makes it ...
half-elf Paladin
half-orc Warlord
... but I kind of picture Warlord as a charismatic type, and it's hard to re-imagine half-orcs as stereotypically playing a charisma-based class.
So dwarf cleric, half orc fighter, human warlord. All set.

Monkey Boy

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
So dwarf cleric, half orc fighter, human warlord. All set.

I think some of the concept art points at Dwarfs and clerics having a strong link and so agree with the above.

I would like to see a strong race. I think goliaths were one of the success stories, along with warlocks, to come out of the splat books. I don't think we will see half orcs though. I have my fingers crossed for full blooded orc PC's but would be happy with Goliaths.

Remove ads