• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have We Seen Half-Orcs Yet?

True_Blue

First Post
GreatLemur said:
What in the crap is so difficult about typing the word "people"?

wow of all the things, in all the threads.. "ppl" is what bothers you? haha enough to comment on *just* that?

Thats... amazing. Rock on man, rock on haha =)

Just for fun, looking at some of your previous posts, you use the word "I'd". How hard is it to just say "I would". I mean that is *two* whole letters more than what people is, counting the space. So i guess I can see how that is *very* hard for you, but mine just comes off as lazy ;)

I know I know "But I'd is a reeeeaaalll wooorrrddd and ppl isnt!!!!". But then again, I dont remember you mentioning anything about grammer, just your post seems to hint it was the effort that bothered you ;)

Last edited:

GreatLemur

Explorer
True_Blue said:
wow of all the things, in all the threads.. "ppl" is what bothers you? haha enough to comment on *just* that?

Thats... amazing. Rock on man, rock on haha =)

Just for fun, looking at some of your previous posts, you use the word "I'd". How hard is it to just say "I would". I mean that is *two* whole letters more than what people is, counting the space. So i guess I can see how that is *very* hard for you, but mine just comes off as lazy ;)

I know I know "But I'd is a reeeeaaalll wooorrrddd and ppl isnt!!!!". But then again, I dont remember you mentioning anything about grammer, just your post seems to hint it was the effort that bothered you ;)
Oh, believe me, there's plenty more I could complain about--for example, the word is spelled grammar--but using chatroom / text message abbreviations is just about the most annoying thing you can do on a message board.

True_Blue

First Post
Hobo said:
True_Blue must be stopped!!!

haha yea!

I'm sure there were loads of people just waiting to jump on me for the use of the word "ppl". Boy am I glad that GreatLemur got to me first. I mean it *is* the most annoying thing to see. On all the message boards, that is the number one thing that people are posting about and talking about how it must be stopped ;)

Oh noes! I abbreviated!

Goken100

First Post
Err, Half-Orcs are creepy because... how did that courtship go? Let's just have orcs plz thx. >_<

Seriously, I think the major motivation for not using normal orcs was because they have the mystical fire of evil burning deep down in their rotten little souls. Now that we're going to get rid of that alignment rediculousness, no need for half-orcs!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
True_Blue said:
haha yea!

I'm sure there were loads of people just waiting to jump on me for the use of the word "ppl". Boy am I glad that GreatLemur got to me first. I mean it *is* the most annoying thing to see. On all the message boards, that is the number one thing that people are posting about and talking about how it must be stopped ;)

Oh noes! I abbreviated!
You might as well make this a macro, because if you're posting on sites where the average user age is above 21 (on ENWorld, it's apparently in the low 30s, based on opt-in polls), you're going to have this fight an awful lot.

True_Blue

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
You might as well make this a macro, because if you're posting on sites where the average user age is above 21 (on ENWorld, it's apparently in the low 30s, based on opt-in polls), you're going to have this fight an awful lot.

Heh been to lots of messageboards and never once have I seen someone post about how they don't like "ppl". I know someone will come back with "Well you must not be at mature messageboards like ENWorld :)". *shrug* I guess i find it amazing ppl take time out of their day to try to convince people to use the word people instead of ppl. Whatever floats your boat.

Why not? You've taken time out of your day to vociferously provide justification for the practice.

Seems to kinda miss the point to type ppl instead of people so you can save typing a few letters, but then type paragraphs and paragraphs explaining why it's such a good idea.

Still; I'll take ppl over "peeps" anyday. Peeps always seem like those really lame easter candies; you know the ones that nobody wants to eath until they're all old and hard and disgusting?

AffableVagrant

First Post
I wouldn't shed a single tear for half-orcs or any other "half" race. How drunk does a human have to be to go to bed with an orc?? Theres ugly women, and then there's green-skinned, tusk-mouthed, bodybuilder, Klingon-looking women. Doesn't make sense to me, they should just make orcs a core race and be done with it.

Remove ads