• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you become disillusioned with 3rd edition?

Still playing 3rd edition?

• I still play 3.0/3.5 pretty much as written.

Votes: 301 62.1%
  • I still play 3.0/3.5 but with a number of changes

Votes: 122 25.2%
  • What I play is still technically 3rd edition, but with a ton of changes

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • I play a d20 system, based on 3rd edition (e.g., d20 modern)

Votes: 68 14.0%
  • I play an OGL game (e.g., C&C)

Votes: 63 13.0%
  • My game is a hybrid of a bunch of different games, including 3rd edition

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • I play something completely different, like GURPS or Rolemaster.

Votes: 65 13.4%

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
I play various d20 games, some of which draw upon the d20 SRD, some of which draw upon the (superior, IMO) d20 Modern SRD. Also OGL and non-d20. And a good deal of cross-d20 hybrid.

I have no problem with using D&D books, or with players using D&D books when I GM. However, I wouldn't call what I play any version of D&D, since none of the core assumptions are present and more than 50% of the rules derive from other sources (d20 Modern, Spycraft, OGL Conan, Iron Heroes, Arcana Unearthed, Blue Rose, etc.)

The only way I'm likely to play anything approaching actual D&D is if I get a Spelljammer campaign together.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
JRRNeiklot said:
I find it interesting that 13% of the most 3e intensive board on the internet (besides WOTC) chose something other than the top 2 choices.
Why is that so interesting? A hair over 87% still chose the first two. D&D has lots of fans, but ENW is more than just D&D. It's OGL and D20 games as well and not to mention that there are more than a few people that come here just to talk games no matter if they are D20-based or not.

Odhanan

Adventurer
I find it interesting that 13% of the most 3e intensive board on the internet (besides WOTC) chose something other than the top 2 choices.

One must precise that the poll allows for multiple choices. This affects the results, IMO.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads