• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you become disillusioned with 3rd edition?

Still playing 3rd edition?

• I still play 3.0/3.5 pretty much as written.

Votes: 301 62.1%
  • I still play 3.0/3.5 but with a number of changes

Votes: 122 25.2%
  • What I play is still technically 3rd edition, but with a ton of changes

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • I play a d20 system, based on 3rd edition (e.g., d20 modern)

Votes: 68 14.0%
  • I play an OGL game (e.g., C&C)

Votes: 63 13.0%
  • My game is a hybrid of a bunch of different games, including 3rd edition

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • I play something completely different, like GURPS or Rolemaster.

Votes: 65 13.4%

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm just curious how many people here are still playing 3rd edition (3.0/3.5) or you've managed to find some other offshoot that you enjoy more?

Henrix

Explorer
I'm still playing (well, DMing 95% of the time) D&D3 without any major changes, and enjoying it a lot.

However I also play other games, and have always done. I had a long period when I never played D&D (the whole 2E period, in fact) but only other RPGs and (non-GW) miniature games.

But when I play other RPGs these days I prefer them to be non-d20, to get some variation, like Unknown Armies, Hârn, HeroQuest, etc.

[Edit] Oh, kilopost!

Arkhandus

First Post
I still DM and play 3E D&D each week, and to a lesser extent, 3.5E. But the games I've been DMing have been homebrew settings, so I've used a lot of minor tweaks and houserules.

The Shaman

First Post
I'm playing d20 Modern almost exclusively now (the others being d20 CoC and S:W) - if I run a fantasy game again, it will likely be Castles and Crusades or Conan.

Galethorn

First Post
I got sick of D&Disms in general, and played a fair bit of SWD20...

Then, I discovered True20, and have been running a wildly successful fantasy campaign with it.

As well, I'm in the process of planning a campaign for the Serenity RPG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads