Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Florence Pugh owns every scene she is in.
ae, I'm defintely looking forward to her taking on the role in future shows and movies, she was convincingly terrifying when having a nice 'girl talk' with Kate Bishop.

Not sure what the logic of Clint wearing the Ronin suit to visit Echo was, but it was a nice sequence.

While its good we finally get the reveal at the Big Man, it was a bit of a cop out to make it a still frame!! - but at least we get to see him next week (hopefully)

Stalker0

Legend
Loved the Blip scene, a great way to show just how mindbendingly freaky and fast it was. Literally you blink and its 5 years gone by, there are soooo many stories that can written on that alone.

I am enjoying that while Yelena is definately on the hunt, she doesn't seem to be doing it blindly. She gave the warning to Kate to back off, but clearing she was digging in for understanding with Clint. She then dug in on the person who hired her because she's not taking all this at face value.

Now what is a little confusing is....why did Yelena need to get hired in the first place? Last we left her she had been told Clint killed her sister, and she was "off for revenge". Did Yelena decide to go about her business, but when a "hit" when out on Clint on the "assassin webs or whatever", she decided to grab it?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Now what is a little confusing is....why did Yelena need to get hired in the first place? Last we left her she had been told Clint killed her sister, and she was "off for revenge". Did Yelena decide to go about her business, but when a "hit" when out on Clint on the "assassin webs or whatever", she decided to grab it?
My thinking is that Val is acting as a broker for hit jobs, and brought this one to Yelena. I said before in this thread that the last end credits scene in Black Widow took place shortly before Hawkeye; now I believe that it took place during Hawkeye, most likely after the mysterious phone call Eleanor made during episode 4.

MarkB

Legend
Loved the Blip scene, a great way to show just how mindbendingly freaky and fast it was. Literally you blink and its 5 years gone by, there are soooo many stories that can written on that alone.

I am enjoying that while Yelena is definately on the hunt, she doesn't seem to be doing it blindly. She gave the warning to Kate to back off, but clearing she was digging in for understanding with Clint. She then dug in on the person who hired her because she's not taking all this at face value.

Or was she targeted by someone who knew that she had a personal stake in the matter, and simultaneously given information on where to find Clint and an assignment to kill him? It's surely no coincidence that we also have Clint in this episode talking about how he was effectively aimed at Maya's father as a weapon.

The other interesting question is when Yelena was contracted. Was it after Kate's mother found out that Kate was working with Clint, or before?

Rune

Once A Fool
This episode raises a couple of questions for me.

First: Is Val connected to Kingpin, or is this just a case where Kate’s mom has connections with many bad people who are not necessarily connected themselves?

Second: I’m pretty sure the pic Val showed Yelena of Clint has him in the Ronin outfit. If so, does this mean Kate’s mom could know Clint was Ronin through Val? And if so, does that mean Kingpin could know it through either of them?

Stalker0

Legend
My thinking is that Val is acting as a broker for hit jobs, and brought this one to Yelena. I said before in this thread that the last end credits scene in Black Widow took place shortly before Hawkeye; now I believe that it took place during Hawkeye, most likely after the mysterious phone call Eleanor made during episode 4.
Ah so your thinking the timeline went like this:
  • Elenor reaches out to her "hit people", which includes Val
  • Val has the perfect assassin in Yelena, goes to get her.
  • Yelena is at Nat's grave, Val and Nat have the chat from the BW movie.
  • Yelena is now activated and goes after Clint.

I could see that. Its all pretty fast, but then again I would expect super assassins to work extremely quickly (and they have the personal jets and the like to get where they need to go in hours if needed), so I could buy it.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Ah so your thinking the timeline went like this:
  • Elenor reaches out to her "hit people", which includes Val
  • Val has the perfect assassin in Yelena, goes to get her.
  • Yelena is at Nat's grave, Val and Nat have the chat from the BW movie.
  • Yelena is now activated and goes after Clint.
Yes, that's how I see it pretty much at this point. More details may come in the next episode to further refine the timing.
I could see that. Its all pretty fast, but then again I would expect super assassins to work extremely quickly (and they have the personal jets and the like to get where they need to go in hours if needed), so I could buy it.
Keep in mind that Natasha's grave is in Ohio; it would not take too long to get to New York City, especially if private aircraft are available. A private jet makes it even faster.

Remove ads