Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

Tomorrow is the big day, with the first two episodes debuting, so I figured it was time to start a fresh thread. One new official bit of info was revealed today, in that this series is set two years and a few months after Endgame, at Christmas time 2025. So another short time jump into the future from what we know in the previous series and movies.

That makes it a little over two years after WandaVision, close to two years after Falcon and Winter Soldier and over a year after Spiderman: Far From Home, as that school trip was June/July 2024. Loki's key events happen outside the timeline, so no way to make that fit and I am honestly not sure the exact time for the end-credits scenes in Shang-Chi or Black Widow, just they are post-Endgame.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Loki's key events happen outside the timeline, so no way to make that fit and I am honestly not sure the exact time for the end-credits scenes in Shang-Chi or Black Widow, just they are post-Endgame.
The two end credit scenes in Black Widow take place just before Avengers: Infinity War and (I believe) shortly before Hawkeye, respectively.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
No, the second one has Yelena at Natasha's grave, so that is post-Endgame. And Infinity War is 5 years before Endgame, so 7 years before Hawkeye.
Let me clarify: Black Widow end credit scene 1 takes place just before Avengers: Infinity War.
Black Widow end credit scene 2 takes place sometime after Avengers: Endgame, but I believe it takes place closer to the beginning of Hawkeye than to the end of Avengers: Endgame.

Davies

Legend
Comments on episode 1 under spoilers:

Once upon a time there was a little princess who discovered that the world could be a terrifying place, and then was accidentally saved by a travelling prince. This was all very good, but so impressed with him was she that she decided to become a prince herself! Was this really a good idea?

(She could probably have done much better, but that's how it goes. Anyone want to bet that Kate's dad is actually alive and kicking?)

Oh the look on Clint and Lila's faces as they're watching the play! It stops being funny very quickly, though.

Well there's a kick in the pants for you.

And the Swordsman! Okay, this is taking some interesting turns.

Oh, I don't think this is going to play out the way that Kate thinks it will.

Fight choreography is a bit rougher than it has been recently, or possibly I'm spoiled by Arcane.

Oh good grief how long has that pizza been in there?

And they meet again for the first time. Away we go.

Episode 2:

Episode 2:

Moira Brandon?! Wow, that's a deep cut!

The proper answer to "Why don't you join us?" in this situation is, "Because I'd rather eat offal."

Okay, I am convinced that Jeremy Renner is having the time of his life in this scene.

The proper answer to "Why don't you apologize" is also "Because I'd rather eat offal."

Kate's mom is probably the big bad.

And there's Echo. The cast is almost complete.

Last edited:

Watched both episodes and enjoyed them, but not going to make spoiler comments yet. One side note, and don't anyone turn this political, but the actor playing Hawkeye's older son, Ben Sakamoto, would be perfect for the Kyle Rittenhouse biopic you know will be made. That whole thing is so recently in the news that I had to do a double take when I saw the actor on-screen.

Ryujin

Legend
Comments on episode 1 under spoilers:

Once upon a time there was a little princess who discovered that the world could be a terrifying place, and then was accidentally saved by a travelling prince. This was all very good, but so impressed with him was she that she decided to become a prince herself! Was this really a good idea?

(She could probably have done much better, but that's how it goes. Anyone want to bet that Kate's dad is actually alive and kicking?)

Oh the look on Clint and Lila's faces as they're watching the play! It stops being funny very quickly, though.

Well there's a kick in the pants for you.

And the Swordsman! Okay, this is taking some interesting turns.

Oh, I don't think this is going to play out the way that Kate thinks it will.

Fight choreography is a bit rougher than it has been recently, or possibly I'm spoiled by Arcane.

Oh good grief how long has that pizza been in there?

And they meet again for the first time. Away we go.

Episode 2:

Episode 2:

Moira Brandon?! Wow, that's a deep cut!

The proper answer to "Why don't you join us?" in this situation is, "Because I'd rather eat offal."

Okay, I am convinced that Jeremy Renner is having the time of his life in this scene.

The proper answer to "Why don't you apologize" is also "Because I'd rather eat offal."

Kate's mom is probably the big bad.

And there's Echo. The cast is almost complete.
I was thinking the same thing as your second to last comment on episode 2. After all,
where did all that money come from?

Ryujin

Legend
Ostensibly, I would suspect that it's seeded from a life insurance payout.
Maybe, but...

... they already had a penthouse in Manhattan, which would run in the millions of dollars. Sure, they were talking about selling it, so were having some sort of financial issues, but there was still a lot of money there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I’ll change the thread title to say spoilers, folks. Saves having to put every post in a spoiler block. Feel free to start a separate non-spoiler thread if you feel the need for one! :)

Remove ads