Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Except Clint thought it had been destroyed already. Does that mean she somehow knew it had not been and somehow knew to ask about it? Has Clint been married to a Skrull or something?
I think it's clear she didn't know it hadn't been destroyed. Clint thought that the Ronin gear had been destroyed too... but they turned up at the black market auction. So it stands to reason other material thought destroyed might turn up too.

Rune

Once A Fool
Nah, low HP (in comparison to the rest of the team), no armor, and shoots arrows that never miss.

Wizard with magic missile all the way! ;)
Loaded up with buff spells. I’d buy that. He even has a spellbook of sorts (assortment of trick arrows).

Ryujin

Legend
I'd be interested in hearing more about that, but maybe not in this thread ...
Not much to talk about, but it is vaguely related to this thread. I like characters in fiction that are more skill based; Hawkeye, Batman, even to some extent Captain America because he's a "super soldier", but still relies heavily on physical skill. Want to make a guy with Hawkeye-like abilities? In 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder you take a few levels of Fighter, specializing in short composite bow, then switch to Bard until you've got the prereqs for Arcane Archer. BOOM! Trick arrows. And a "skill monkey" to top it off.

The easy answer is it was in the Avengers Compound. You notice that got a pretty good shellacking in Endgame. It wasn't unreasonable to assume most any random object was destroyed.

Maybe I am just hearing the conversation differently. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of things in the Avengers tower that could have been destroyed, or not destroyed and could cause trouble in the wrong hands. And to me, it sounds like Clint thought the watch was destroyed at some point before the Tower was trashed. I just hope that episode 6 answers why the Track Suits were specifically after that watch and how they knew it would be in the auction. It was recovered from Maya's apartment. Why did she want them to find it? Is she trying to track down the former owner? Or was it a request from the Kingpin to find it and she had just not turned it over to him yet?

I also see all the usual Twitter idiocy trying to claim now that D'Onofrio and Cox are the MCU versions of Kingpin and Daredevil, that all the Netflix series are also MCU canon, which is still not true as directly stated by Feige. Now, Murdoch always kept his Daredevil identity separate, and with the red face on the watch, I am now thinking that the MCU version of Daredevil is retired and something about the watch would let Kingpin connect Murdoch and Daredevil as the same person. And this is what brings him out of superhero retirement and into the MCU as an active character. This also fits with No Way Home coming before Hawkeye in the timeline, if the rumors about Cox appearing only as Murdoch in the movie are true. I know the movie is out tonight, but I hope the spoilers for it will be kept under control. This rumor is the only one I want to know the truth to before I see the movie. lol

Thomas Shey

Legend
Maybe I am just hearing the conversation differently. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of things in the Avengers tower that could have been destroyed, or not destroyed and could cause trouble in the wrong hands.

And I suspect they expected most of them were destroyed. I mean, seriously, they were hit by orbital bombardment good enough to collapse things into the sub-basement. Unless something was pretty tough or had some of the more human heroes Plot Armor, they expectation is reasonable that none of its around.

pukunui

Legend
This also fits with No Way Home coming before Hawkeye in the timeline, if the rumors about Cox appearing only as Murdoch in the movie are true. I know the movie is out tonight, but I hope the spoilers for it will be kept under control. This rumor is the only one I want to know the truth to before I see the movie. lol
I haven't seen the Netflix Daredevil show. However, there is a scene in No Way Home where a blind man with rose-colored glasses is advising Peter, May, and Happy about how he can get them off the charges laid against them. Someone throws a brick through a window, and the lawyer catches it without even looking. Peter asks him how he did it, and he replies, "I'm a very good lawyer" or something along those lines.

I presume that is a cameo of the Daredevil character?

I haven't seen the Netflix Daredevil show. However, there is a scene in No Way Home where a blind man with rose-colored glasses is advising Peter, May, and Happy about how he can get them off the charges laid against them. Someone throws a brick through a window, and the lawyer catches it without even looking. Peter asks him how he did it, and he replies, "I'm a very good lawyer" or something along those lines.

I presume that is a cameo of the Daredevil character?
yes, that is the same actor who did the show.

hawkeyefan

Legend
It’s a watch recovered from the compoujd where time travel was invented.

Lot 268. Avengers issue 268.

F261B935-8616-46B8-BE85-B8C45AF468D6.jpeg

Remove ads