Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'd rather have a buddy comedy with Yelena and Kate
Absolutely Marvelous - Sex and the Super City -
You can call it "No Reservations".
Next show idea: "Being Kingpin." - Following Wilson Fisk's daily activities in a similar manner to "The Sopranos", with the occasional intervention by a "superhero of the week", to screw with his plans.
these are all great ideas, how do you pitch something to Kevin Feige?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
How many characters are we away from having a Thunderbolts team led by Elaine?

Yelena
Abomination
US Agent
Zemo (maybe?)
Taskmaster (Black Widow movie version?)
Punisher (Netflix)
Bullseye (via Daredevil)
Venom (he’s MCU now)
Titania (post She-Hulk) *other UCWF Femizons could make the cut via Powerbrokers Supersoldier formula too

Thomas Shey

Legend
Yelena
Abomination
US Agent
Zemo (maybe?)
Taskmaster (Black Widow movie version?)
Punisher (Netflix)
Bullseye (via Daredevil)
Venom (he’s MCU now)
Titania (post She-Hulk) *other UCWF Femizons could make the cut via Powerbrokers Supersoldier formula too

Possibly Morbius, too.

Given we know we're getting America Chavez, Ms. Marvel and Ironheart soon, and we've at least got the setup for Stature and Patriot...

Plus Wiccan and Speed, it Wanda's kids are found as teenagers in an alternate dimension. And the grandson of the black Captain America, whose names I can't remember at the moment. And Kate, of course. I also think Yelena has had enough of a change of heart to join this team, rather than the other one. And that might even be a point of conflict between the two groups in future shows or movies.

As typical for these Disney+ shows, the final episode doesn't quite stick the landing, because they tend to be pretty muddled with too many characters whose plot threads don't tie up neatly, but it's still fun.

Really, all it really needed was a grumbled line from Fisk of, "I was supposed to meet Vanessa in the Bahamas for Christmas, but I suppose I'll have to deal with this unpleasant business first. Kazi, I trust you can make sure the police will be sufficiently distracted while I'm giving Eleanor her retirement gift."

Then maybe instead of having Maya show up to fight Kazi, have her be the one who rams Fisk, but before she can go in to fight her boss, Kazi interrupts her, and that's when they fight, with him showing explicitly that he's more loyal to Kingpin than to her.

But all in all, I really enjoyed the show as a fun Christmas-y romp. I'd rank it as my favorite D+ show so far. Wandavision's second, suffering only because the ending departed from the clever TV conceit that had made the show so good previously. Loki was really entertaining, except that Tom Hiddleston wasn't playing 'the god of mischief,' but rather some guy who never once betrayed or tricked anyone of import, which was very out of character for Loki. (That even could have worked if he had a plan to trick someone, but made a conscious choice not to do it, as a sign of character growth.)

And Falcon & The Winter Soldier was a victim of too many rewrites and a bit of clunky speechifying at the end.

(What If...? doesn't really fit on the same metric, since it only vaguely had a cohesive story.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases