• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
ooc: That raises a lot of questions!

ooc: Based on the drawings, it sure would, but consider... there's no penalty I know of for using sense motive on a warforged. That would imply they can be as expressive as anyone else. Personally, I prefer to imagine them so.

IcyCool

First Post
Seeing that the adventurers have agreed to his fee, Reeger produces two hefty pouches of coins from his coat and tosses them on the table.

"I do not believe Loris would go after what the Codex details, not even with a sizeable expedition. I myself would certainly think twice about such a venture. Any member of the academic community would be unlikely to steal it, as after my research is finished they could freely study it themselves, and thievery would tarnish their reputation. No, I think that any theft would have to be motivated by either the value of the work, or the desire to use what it describes." The professor's brow furrows and he is silent for a moment. Finally, he slumps his shoulders and looks at the group. "The codex describes an eldritch machine of great power. Thus far in the translation it is unclear as to exactly what it does, but based on other passages, it is likely that it has something to do with the creation of the undead. The location of the machine is deep in the Mournlands."

"But that information is not widely known yet. Only Loris, myself, and now you know about that. If some less than reputable type got wind of that information, then ..." Reeger's eyes grow wide and his face pales a shade, "The destruction a necromancer could cause with such a machine ... Host preserve us."

IcyCool

First Post
El Jefe said:
Listening to the others talk about what the teacher's helper might have done, Shoot had an idea. His face bright with enthusiasm, he interrupted the others: "Hey! I know! Fang can find your helper! Fang's smart. He can sniff out where people go!" Shoot beamed, quite pleased with himself. "Do you have some of your helper's stuff, something Fang can sniff so he knows what your helper smells like?", the warforged asked.

Reeger brightens up a little at Shoot's comments. "If that is true, then I'll happily see to it that he gets his fill of chicken for dinner. Loris left a few things at the lab, I'm sure of it."

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: This seems like as good a place as any to iron out a few details about rolling, posting, etc.

I'd like everyone to do their own rolling at www.invisiblecastle.com. I myself will be unable to reliably post over the weekend, but will try to post at least twice each day to keep things running at a moderate clip.

I generally prefer colored and quoted text for speech, colored and italicized text for thoughts, and plain text for everything else, though there is no requirement for such.

As long as you clearly mark an OOC comment, I've got no real preference for [ i ] tags or sblocks.

Also, I'm hoping with play by post I'll have little difficulty in correcting some of my DM'ing flaws, but just in case please feel free to request descriptions and/or skill checks at any time you'd like to make them.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I started out on these boards using a lot of colored text, but I've since stopped. It was pointed out to me that colored text can make it difficult to read depending on what backround settings are enabled. For example, I have a somewhat tough time making out the purple that drothgery has been using against the black background which I believe is the default settings. If it's OK, I'll stick with uncolored text.

Actually, Icycool, that might have been pointed out to me in Burning Tower, so you might have been part of the conversation.... I'll add color if it's important to you.

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
ooc: Based on the drawings, it sure would, but consider... there's no penalty I know of for using sense motive on a warforged. That would imply they can be as expressive as anyone else. Personally, I prefer to imagine them so.

ooc: I wasn´t being totally serious, and certainly didn´t want to start a debate on this thread, which isn´t the place for it.

Someone

Adventurer
"Why, this is becoming more interesting at each moment. I´m eaget to start questioning and investigating." Seat gets up, though it doesn´t make much difference, and rubs his hands together. "Shall we go?"

drothgery

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: For example, I have a somewhat tough time making out the purple that drothgery has been using against the black background which I believe is the default settings

OOC: I can change Tali's color here (and probably should, as it's not very easy for me to read, either). They were running out of uniques in the bar thread. Of course, I'm wondering what the rest of the group is going to think the first time he manifests a mind blade...

Remove ads