• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Raven waits until the group is all gathered together again. Herding them into a circle, so that others in the room can't see what they're doing, she counts out 100 gps to each of them. "We're all in this together. I realize we hardly know each other, but our employer has entrusted us with this advance. This is very generous, I hope you know. It is a sign of good faith on his part. It will look bad for the rest of us if any of us abuses his trust and leaves. If any of you doesn't come back to meet him at his office, I will personally hunt you down. I am looking forward to working with you all. We have bring talent to this job, and if we all work together, I'm confident we will succeed." She gives the group a bracing smile. "OK. Let's go."

OOC: I don't usually use colors b/c of what people have said about its effect on different backgrounds. (or is it because I'm lazy?) I'll give it a shot in this adventure. If anyone has trouble reading my blue posts, please let me know, & I'll try a different color.

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss aproaches Shoot.

"Would you and Fang like to come with me while I restock on inks? It shouldn't make us late for the meeting, and perhaps we will have time later to make more scrolls."

He's hoping Shoot will also take the opportunity to pay him back for the inks out of the advance money, but if Shoot has a more pressing use for the gold that's OK too.

Someone

Adventurer
IcyCool said:
The professor eyes him for a moment and then says, "You've got great potential in that thick skull of yours. You'd have to, or you would have failed my class." He sighs and his expression softens a little. "I don't know that I can trust these others to do the job properly, so I need you to see this through. If this whole thing is successful, I might even credit you when we publish it."

The professor gathers up his hat and cane, and makes for the door. "I'm counting on you lad, don't let me down."

"Ah, he did remember me after all" thinks Seat. "Very well ir, but you won´t motivate people calling them thick-headed. Still, I´ll do what I can." he shakes hands with the professor and leaves the room.

After Raven divides up the money, the dwarf weights his now heavier than ever purse. Still, he´ll need much more, and can´t spend it right now. Since he´s nothing to do, he decides to go with the warforged and find out exactly what kind of magic can they do, and if he´s able to understand it.

IcyCool

First Post
Someone said:
"Ah, he did remember me after all" thinks Seat. "Very well ir, but you won´t motivate people calling them thick-headed. Still, I´ll do what I can." he shakes hands with the professor and leaves the room.

The professor shakes Seat's hand vigorously with a big grin on his face, "If you can brush off my insults, you really are destined for greatness."

A few moments after Seat leaves the back room, the Professor heads out.

OOC: When you have done all of the shopping you need, go ahead and post your arrival outside the professor's office. Also, I don't usually have good access to a PC over the weekend, and I'm turning this weekend into a four day one starting tomorrow. I should be able to post some, but apologies if things don't move very quickly. :)

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Would you and Fang like to come with me while I restock on inks? It shouldn't make us late for the meeting, and perhaps we will have time later to make more scrolls."
Anvuss's offer made sense to Shoot. "Yeah, I'd like that!", he replied. "It'd be fun to make more scrolls!"
Patlin said:
He's hoping Shoot will also take the opportunity to pay him back for the inks out of the advance money, but if Shoot has a more pressing use for the gold that's OK too.
OoC: Shoot? Having a pressing need for money? You obviously have him confused with someone else! :lol:

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss makes his purchase, which is pretty straightforward. He buys another 125 gp worth of magical inks, bringing his total reserve of scroll scribing materials to 200 gp... enough to scribe 16 standard first level scrolls. Completely broke once more, he along with Shoot, Fang and Seat meet Raven at the office.

drothgery

First Post
Tali returns to his family's home to retrieve all of his equipment, having no urgent need for anything that he can actually afford, and then rejoins the others. The only thing the others probably notice is the large wooden shield strapped to his back (OOC: he'll carry it in hand if he expects combat; otherwise, he doesn't need the ACP).

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss has his shield strapped tightly to his left arm, and his morningstar ready in his right. Is the area well lit?

"Will Fang alert us to trouble if any should occur? My eyes are not the best, especially at night."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads