Heading off to Gamehole Con...

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Gamehole Con starts today. Did will-call to pick up my badge and plushie gelatinous cube yesterday. Now (as soon as my daughter gets her stuff together), we're heading off for 9am game sessions.

Among the games I'm trying for the first time this weekend are Pendragon and Blade Runner. And, of course, I'm running enough Adventurer's League to get my badge refunded.

billd91

My daughter and I will also be picking up Gamehole's Pride t-shirts. It would be just like their Pride logo, but their t-shirt printer couldn't handle that many colors. It'll do.
Gamehole Pride.jpeg

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Gamehole Con starts today. Did will-call to pick up my badge and plushie gelatinous cube yesterday. Now (as soon as my daughter gets her stuff together), we're heading off for 9am game sessions.

Among the games I'm trying for the first time this weekend are Pendragon and Blade Runner. And, of course, I'm running enough Adventurer's League to get my badge refunded.

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time gaming!

billd91

Played Pendragon last night. Blade Runner is tonight.

Pendragon was pretty interesting. You definitely do NOT want to amble in thinking it's just like D&D. Fortunately, none of us did. Of the six players, we were all new to the game though half of us were familiar with aspects of the game in previous editions - we just had never had a chance to actually play it.
And, wow, can combat turn on a dime. One of the NPC Saxon knights made easy work out of one of our knights in a straight up joust when he was visiting as part of a diplomatic visit. But a few months later, when the Saxons actually invaded, he was taken out - HARD - by a very lucky companion of that knight. Just further evidence that combat isn't really something to consider too lightly in Pendragon.

billd91

Picked up some fun stuff:
Pendragon Starter Set
Traveller Customizable Card Game
Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse (Chimera Hobby Shop had RPG items at 50% off)

And the most unexpected find: Manhunt: Onnesium Quest Volume 1. Marc Miller had a hard copy on hand so I jumped on it like Steve Rogers on a grenade (metaphorically). I had been itching for this one since the early 1990s but Digest Group Publications stepped back from supporting Traveller with the New Era revision and the project was mothballed and eventually reported lost. Apparently they were able to recover it from a 3.5" floppy and finish it up last year. Either way, it was a totally unexpected addition to my MegaTraveller collection and I am thrilled.

For running 16 hours of Adventurer's League, I also received some premiums including a nice Gamehole Con X pint glass and a copy of Phandelver and Below (as well as a refund on my badge). They had copies of Planescape for DMs who ran 24+ hours of AL. So let it never be said that Gamehole Con doesn't treat it's AL DMs right. They very much do.

Gamehole Con XI in 2024 will be October 17-20. Alex and Co usually schedule opposite Badger football home games to reduce conflict over hotel rooms, but they had to settle on firm dates while the Big 10 is still in the process of effing the schedule up to accommodate the greed for football money of places like UCLA and USC. So plan as early as you can.

Remove ads