• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heal Check question

Hurricane

First Post
Is it a myth that if you fail a heal check by five points or more you can actually harm the subject? Seems like I have seen this somewhere, but cannot find it.

Thanks,

Dandu

First Post
Doesn't seem to be in the rules. Also, not fun.

That being said, I will keep this in mind for the RPG I am designing, Peasants & Plagues.

Elf Witch

First Post
This has been a house rule in my group since 3.0 came out. It depends on what you are trying to do. Giving a potion to someone unconscious can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Clerics and people who have ranks in the skill have an easier DC then say someone who does not.

Vegepygmy

First Post
Is it a myth that if you fail a heal check by five points or more you can actually harm the subject? Seems like I have seen this somewhere, but cannot find it.
Maybe I'm weird, but when I can't find something in the rules, I generally conclude that it's not in the rules. Especially when there's really only one place that particular something would be (like, for example, in the Heal skill description).

But I'm probably weird like that.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Dandu said:
Doesn't seem to be in the rules. Also, not fun.

That being said, I will keep this in mind for the RPG I am designing, Peasants & Plagues.

It's odd, Dandu. It seems like every time you mention that game you're making, it's regarding a rule in the game I run.

Dandu said:
Usually the person getting healed.

It's fun for my group (my game uses that rule most of the time, though not always, as it depends on the use of the Heal skill). My players like the added layer of danger and the feeling of potential danger that every fight brings.

As always, play what you like :)

Remove ads