Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution modifier

Slander

Explorer
It looks like the healing surge value is 1/2 the Fortitude Defense (round up?).

Warlocks look to have 6 + Con surges per day, and Fighters have 9 + Con surges per day.

Pssthpok

First Post
Slander said:
It looks like the healing surge value is 1/2 the Fortitude Defense (round up?).

Warlocks look to have 6 + Con surges per day, and Fighters have 9 + Con surges per day.

I'd have thought it was Healing Surge = 1/4 total HP

Nymrohd

First Post
Hmm actuall healing surge=1/4 total health seems to mix perfectly with the death and dying rules. A consistent number for most healing effects.

malraux

First Post
Pssthpok said:
I'd have thought it was Healing Surge = 1/4 total HP
From looking at the character sheets, that looks right to me. And it makes sense that it scales with level so healing is always useful.

Slander

Explorer
Even better. So characters are going to have a reserve HP pool of 2 - 4 times their total HP, on top of any non-surge healing Leaders can provide. Man, that's a lot, and a lot in a good way.

Flynn

First Post
If you look at the two character sheets that have been posted from the 4E scenarios at D&D Experience, it appears that the Healing Surge HPs Healed is a half of the Bloodied score in each case (or a quarter of the total HP). This is in keeping with the Star Wars Saga Edition for Second Wind, as well. We'll probably have better confirmation in the next day or so.

Looks like I was wrong on how Healing Surges work, but I'm okay with that. :)

Hope This Helps,
Flynn

HeinorNY

First Post
Healing surges are activated by other actions, such as Second Wind, Class powers as the cleric's prayer, or even by a short rest. Each action that activates the HS consumes one of you total of HS per day and heals 1/4 of your total HP.
It means the cleric can't heal you at will all day long for example.

Remove ads