• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Helen Mirren Interested In Playing Dr. Who?

xander764

First Post
i don't see Matt smith going any where for a few years and i know a few better people for the next doctor one being Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch even thought i think he would be a better master for smith

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Female Doctor Who? Long overdue.

I can understand "something worth considering for the future". But "long overdue"? Nope; can't agree with that. That implies a need to me (moreover a need which has apparently existed for a long time) that I don't see.

As an aside: if Moffat found the right person and the right script, then sure. Doing it for the sake of it would be silly. It has been made clear that Time Lords can change gender between regenerations - Romana did, I believe; and The Corsair was recently mentioned (I don't know how that affects Time Lord marriages, though - I'd be quite upset if my wife changed gender).

The Doctor is like James Bond, Sherlock Holmes, and Robin Hood in that respect. All change actors, sometimes changing them quite significanty. None has changed gender yet, though; and I'm not convinced we should have a female Holmes, and Roberta Hood, or a Jane Bond. The best approach is to create new, unique female characters like Buffy and Xena, and give them their own spotlight. Or, indeed, if one wants to stay within the same universe, give Sarah Jane her own show, like they did.

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I can understand "something worth considering for the future". But "long overdue"? Nope; can't agree with that. That implies a need to me (moreover a need which has apparently existed for a long time) that I don't see.

As an aside: if Moffat found the right person and the right script, then sure. Doing it for the sake of it would be silly. It has been made clear that Time Lords can change gender between regenerations - Romana did, I believe; and The Corsair was recently mentioned (I don't know how that affects Time Lord marriages, though - I'd be quite upset if my wife changed gender).

The Doctor is like James Bond, Sherlock Holmes, and Robin Hood in that respect. All change actors, sometimes changing them quite significanty. None has changed gender yet, though; and I'm not convinced we should have a female Holmes, and Roberta Hood, or a Jane Bond. The best approach is to create new, unique female characters like Buffy and Xena, and give them their own spotlight. Or, indeed, if one wants to stay within the same universe, give Sarah Jane her own show, like they did.

Holmes, Bond, Robin Hood . . . none of these regenerate a whole new body. In two years, Doctor Who will have its fiftieth anniversary. I think "long overdue" might be an understatement.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Holmes, Bond, Robin Hood . . . none of these regenerate a whole new body.

That doesn't change what I want to see.

In two years, Doctor Who will have its fiftieth anniversary. I think "long overdue" might be an understatement.

So why not create a new female hero in her own TV show rather than changing the existing one?

Remove ads