• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HELP! Avenger issue

Flipguarder

First Post
He trusts in material products such as plate and doesn't trust his god to protect him. So yes a paladin's god doesn't protect them as much.

coyote6

Adventurer
So... if a paladin takes off his armor and shield, will his AC go up? :)

What, you think the gods are that easy? You prance around for years, going on and on about how much you love your deity, they're the best, your going to the temple right now, everyone will love how swell I look in this armor, isn't it great, those gnoll arrows just bounce right off, armor rules!, ooh look, that armor in the window, it's even better, I'll take this big pile of money I have and buy it, now i'm even cooler, and what was I doing? Let's go fight some ogres, they'll never hurt me in my new armor!

You think a little, "Oh, sorry, I'll take it off. Gimme those powers, sweetie" is enough? Oh, no, your deity's going to be all, "Let's see how you like being ignored and mistreated." So get used to being smacked around by every minion with an attack bonus, buddy, 'cause you're going to be working that one off for levels. If you're lucky, maybe the divine one will forgive you after you retrain...

keterys

First Post
Hmm. What if you just never wear armor at all and always trusted in your god to protect you?

Tangent: Does an Avenger's AC go up if it doesn't wear _clothes_? (I can't remember where now, but I remember some system where women got more 'AC' based on how little clothes they wore. Yeeeaaaah.)

Dan'L

First Post
Tangent: Does an Avenger's AC go up if it doesn't wear _clothes_?

Nah, a Naturalist would likely be a Primal class, not Divine.

More on-topic: I (relatively) recently had a Fighter character die, and replaced it with an Avenger. Considering that it took a feat and magic armor to get my AC equal to what the Fighter had with only mundane equipment, I don't think it's too out-powered to have the Avenger's AC so high.

Also, with various effects that cause dismay and destruction among the bad guys if they hit/attack me, I haven't really been the target of choice enough for the AC to come into play very much at all.

-Dan'L

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads