Help: Feat Selection for Epic Build

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I need help with the feat selection for my first real attempt for an epic build (30 lvls). What I got so far is this:
Warforged, Barbarian 1 /Fighter 4/ Warforged Juggernaunt 5 /Frenzied Berserker 10/ War Hulk 10

Feats 14
1. Adamantine Armor
2. Cleave
3. Power Attack
4. Extra Rage
5. Improved Bull Rush
6. Instantanous Rage
7. Endurance
8. Steadfast Determination
9. Leap Attack
10. Improved Sunder

Epic 4
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

Thanks in advance.

-Blood

FrostedMini1337

First Post
Fast healing will help circumvent the drawback of being warforged, but I'm not sure if it will jive with warforged juggernaut. (Don't you lose all natural healing?)

Damage Reduction x3. Ruinous Rage or Terrifying Rage. Maybe both.

Edit: God that guy is going to be unstoppable.

Kurashu

First Post
He's a Frenzied Berserker. Everything else he has is just icing on the cake.

If you have a decent Dex (21), Epic Speed will let you tack a +30 to you movement.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
More Info:
40 point buy +12 lvl increases with standard gold for 30th level.

Also I had re-arrange the feat listing do to some PrC requirements. This is what I got so far.

Adam Armor
Improved Bull Rush
Power Attack
Cleave
Destructive Rage
Intimidating Rage
Instantanous Rage
Blank
Leap Attack
Extra Rage
+4 Epic Feats??

Was thinking Endurance + Steadfast determination for the ability to use Con for Will saves. However, the WFJ PrC makes it immune to all mind affecting spells and abilities.

Triple DR would give it 5/adam but I am not to sure that is the most advantagous use of an epic feat.

The boost to land speed might be nice, depending on what magical items I pick later on.

Keep the ideas coming, I appreciate it.

-Blood

FrostedMini1337

First Post
I wouldn't recommend Dire Charge, as you need to be within 40 feet when combat starts to use it. You'd be better off with Epic Toughness so you can take a bonus hit (Don't take epic toughness)

If you took Damage Redution 3 times, you would have
Damage reduction 9/- (So you auto-shrug 9 points)
and
Damage reduction 2/adamantine (Isn't that what the plating gives you?)

Consider additional magic item slot, if you have a lot of money to spend on gear and you want 2 pairs of boots or something.

Thundering Rage, if you qualify (from FB+Extra)

Kurashu

First Post
I don't remember if you can gain Powerful Build as a feat (or if you can even get as a Warforged, don't see why not though). If not, Monkey Grip + Wield Oversized Weapon. Then get the biggest hitting weapon you can find. I reccomend the Goliath Great Hammer 3d6 damage as a large weapon, +2 to Sunder, two-handed so 1.5xStr.

Question

First Post
Im curious, what is a war hulk and which book is it from?

I wouldnt take the DR epic feats. Too little. By that time you easily take DOZENS of damage per hit. DR 9/- is not going to help much, and is most definatley not worth the many epic feats.

Even taking the +1 stat feats are better than that.

You are a 30th level PC. Take additional magic item space. Depends on what your DM allows but you could squeeze in a 3rd ring (ring of protection, ring of luck AC, ring of sacred AC, and it wouldnt be anywhere as beardy as a ring of protection with 4 or 5 types of AC bonuses on it).

Ruinous Rage is good if you want to go further along the improved sunder route. Ignore hardness totally.

Terrifying Rage isnt really worth it, in a 30th level epic game most monsters at this point has far more HD, and would be very hard to intimidate.

Thundering Rage is a joke of course, what kind of 30th level monsters can possibly fail a DC 25 fort save? Answer : some, but not many.

More init is always good. Take superior initiative.

Penetrate Damage Reduction might be worth taking a look out. Very useful if you come up against, say cold iron DR and you dont have that particular material on hand(especially with the cost of epic weapons!). Depends on your campaign though.

Remove ads