• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Me Brainstorm: Yellow Musk Creeper Assassin

Aeolius

Adventurer
Throw some of this into the mix, for that extra "ewww":

Corn Smut
454e4b8e52e70e39_corn-smut.jpg

WizarDru

Adventurer
Use the bees as innocuous tells for the PCs... One of them is always inconspicuously buzzing around in the background, just before a group of Yellow Musk Zombies shows up.

Oh, SNAP. To quote Batman: "Bees. MY GOD."

That's just beautiful. A nearby farm outside of town that's been taken over by the Creeper and he's using the apiary the farmer has. Perhaps there's even...dare I say it? EVIL HONEY.

the Jester

Legend
You might even use those bee-guys... abeirels or something?... from the 3e Fiend Folio. (IIRC that's where they are, anyhow!) Or maybe convert and use the old aspis from A1-4.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Oh, the Zombie Bees worked just fine. The players found themselves rescuing a little girl from a burning smokehouse and then having to fight some of the creeper's abominations as well as trying not to hurt the infected family members. At least one of the players was badly infected and needed serious treatment (as he started hearing the creeper whisper to him). People were leery when they figured out that the creeper had infected bees and quarantined the whole of the town.

It was great.

Also, they are very leery of the creeper, now. They've never met him, but they're very concerned about him. His constant use of minions to get at the players is beginning to bug them, I suspect. Which is how it should be.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Oh, the Zombie Bees worked just fine. The players found themselves rescuing a little girl from a burning smokehouse and then having to fight some of the creeper's abominations as well as trying not to hurt the infected family members. At least one of the players was badly infected and needed serious treatment (as he started hearing the creeper whisper to him). People were leery when they figured out that the creeper had infected bees and quarantined the whole of the town.

It was great.

Also, they are very leery of the creeper, now. They've never met him, but they're very concerned about him. His constant use of minions to get at the players is beginning to bug them, I suspect. Which is how it should be.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads