• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me create a broken, munchkin character!

Thurbane

First Post
sukael said:
Also, I find this a bit ironic, given that it's usually psionics that are hardest the hardest rule-subsystem to break in funny ways.
I thought the infamous "Pun Pun" was built on psionics?

javcs

First Post
Thurbane said:
Nope, Punpun is based off of a feat, a broken ability, a template, and some form of shapeshifting. Or, at least, that's the last speed version of Punpun that I saw.

Edit: Also ... Punpun isn't exactly funny in game. He's a fun concept, but in game, no.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Thurbane said:
Originally, he was a 12th level Psionic kobold.

But of course, anything Psionics can do, Wizards can do better. So now he's a Wizard with a template and a prestige class, ECL 5.

Cheers, -- N

Zelc

First Post
Nifft said:
But of course, anything Psionics can do, Wizards can do better. So now he's a Wizard with a template and a prestige class, ECL 5.
Actually, now he's a level 1 Paladin that makes a Knowledge (The Planes) check (DC 35?) to summon Pazuzu.

Zelc

First Post
javcs said:
How does that one work out?
Basically, Pazuzu gives you a free wish if you summon him by speaking his name (I think there's a chance of failure except for paladins? also makes you move towards Chaotic Evil, but that's ok in this case). A Knowledge checks is required to know this. Wish for a Candle of Invocation. Summon an Efreeti. Wish for more candles, and real ultimate power etc.

I'm not sure of the exact details, but that's how it goes.

sukael

First Post
I'm sure there's something clever that could be done with the elan race (XPH, aberrations), girallon arms (Magic of Incarnum), the Rapidstrike feat (Draconomicon).

chitzk0i

Explorer
How about a Goliath barbarian/fighter? Take two levels of barbarian with the Goliath substitution level. Fill out with levels of fighter. Take the Dungeon Crasher alternate class feature from Dungeonscape. Exotic weapon proficiency (Goliath Greathammer), Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper (CW), and Knockback (Races of Stone).

Rage and charge an enemy. Power Attack for full and shift the penalty to AC. Sure, you're taking -16 to AC (-19 including the penalties from rage), but you can follow up your attack with a bull rush at a bonus of +28 from the Knockback feat alone. Let's say 32 strength while raging, Armbands of Might (+2 on strength checks), Goliath Bigness and Imp. Bull Rush nets you a normal modifier of +21, which makes for a total bonus of +49 on the strength check.

Your average 30 strength Huge monster will have +18 against you. Worst-case scenario, you get 50 and he gets a 38. You knock him one square for beating his check, plus two more. Since you're raging, you are large with 10 foot reach, so you need a minimum of 4 squares to charge. So as long as you roll a 4 or better, you can knock this enemy far enough to charge him again next round.

best-case scenario, you get a twenty and he gets a one. You have a result of 69 and he has a 19. That's a difference of 50, or 11 squares of knockback! If your DM allows you to use Dungeon Crasher with Knockback, if your enemy hits a wall, you'll deal 8d6+(3 times your str mod) damage to him. If you find yourself without walls nearby, take Combat Brute for Advancing Blows and Momentum Swing.

Leap Attack? Surely, sir, you jest. Martial Study(Wall of Blades)? What a novel idea!

Each charge will do 3d6+44 from strength and power attack alone, so look into joining the Mighty Arms of Kord from Complete Champion. One of the ways to gain reputation with them is to deal more than 50 points of damage with one hit. 30 or so points of reputation is all you need to hit maximum.

Remove ads