• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me create a broken, munchkin character!

Gruff

First Post
OK...I have a request. I am involved in high level, planar adventure and I need a new character. The party is on level 15, and having a very lenient DM, I have decided to try to make the most broken munchkin character imaginable! I usually like role-playing and story over straight fighting, but seeing that the DM is intent on high powered combat, I decided to try to make a powerful character. Since the DM is allowing about anything that WotC publishes, this may be my one chance to completely munchkin out! So help me create the most min-maxed character ever!

DM's rules:
15 character levels
200,000 starting gp to buy equipment and magic items (no epi level equipment or higher than +5 bonus)
Things can be taken from any WotC or any third party book so long as I can show a copy to the DM
No psionics (DAMN!)
No Vow of Poverty (even the power-gamer DM says it's broken)

sukael

First Post
Actually, at level 15, Vow of Poverty kind of sucks for anything but, say, a CoDzilla build, given the lack of easy ways to get extra movement modes (especially flight), spell or energy resistance, etc etc.

Is there a particular archetype you want to fill? What alignment do you want your character to be?

Gruff

First Post
blargney the second said:
What method for ability generation? What's your poison: melee, ranged, or spellcasting

Ability generation is standard 4d6 drop the lowest, arrange as desired.

Since the party apparently has the fighting bases covered pretty well, I'm looking at a spellcaster, perhaps a cleric so I can do healing AND direct damage.

javcs

First Post
Alright, what are your rolls?
Caster, eh? Cleric, eh? DMM: Persistent Spell + Nightsticks (Libris Mortis) + Cleric buffs = pwnage.
War domain is good.

Or go Druid, Wildshape + Natural Spell + divine blasty goodness.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Tips for making a strong cleric:
1) Stats: Wis, Str, Con, then whatever you want.
2) Don't lose caster levels for *anything*.
3) Buff & smash.
-blarg

Elethiomel

First Post
javcs said:
Or go Druid, Wildshape + Natural Spell + divine blasty goodness.
If you do go Druid, do not overlook the Bite of the WereX spells, specifically for a 15th level character Bite of the Werebear. This is a personal-range spell so you get to share it with your animal companion, too.

sukael

First Post
I'll suggest, dragonfire adept 5 (Dragon Magic)/ur-priest 2 (Complete Divine)/eldritch disciple 8 (Complete Mage).

BAB +9 (but use the Persistent Metamagic, Divine Metamagic (Persistent Metamagic), nightstick, and divine might trick above to boost this to +15), Fort +10/Ref +3/Will +13, rebuke undead as a 10th-level cleric, 15d8 hp, 13th level breath weapon and invocations, and 9th-level divine spells at caster level 16th, or CL 12th if your DM rules that "one-half of his levels in other spellcasting classes" is referring to actual class levels, not caster levels.

Replace some of those dragon adept levels with other classes to get a higher Ref save or different skills to suit.

Seem cheesy enough?

Remove ads