• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me create a plastic Homonculous.

Sorcerer08

First Post
Just got Urban Arcana, and already I want to be different.

The techno-mage gets a homonculous at 4th level (and they look grotesque!). I want to use a platic figurine like a Barbie, a GI Joe, or a Spawn toy as a model. I would need to add wings, and a voice....

Is there a magical item creation chapter?
How would I go about doing it? Where would I start. I don't care if it costs more in cash and XPs. Lets do this.

And what other goodies can we add to sweeten the deal.

Psilocybes

First Post
I would try a new type of Homonculous.
Like Animated Hom. Its a spirit type that animates ojbects as its special ability and can be used to spy/scout. Something like the puppet master.

As for the skill needed to make it... no idea dont have my book with me atm.

Cyclops

First Post
I would fall back on the monster manual for this.

A Barbie Homonculous sounds interesting. Brings up a new use for the barbie car, the doll house, etc.

Make the PC do a toy store search. You want wings, OK, find apropriate plastic wings. Next is the voice. You want the voicebox with a pull string (remove string). You can magicly enhance the voice later-I would charge the player a feat if he wants the homonculous to be a familiar: advanced familiar. Now as a familiar, it will be able to speak to its master (re the voice box).

You might want to add a few extra spells. Endure elements fire, otherwise plastic burns and melts (2 times damage vs fire?)

The homonculous would have normal stats per the MM. But I would add a few extra things to make it interesting. More expensive, more EXPs lost. Same penalty for death.

I made an unusual homonculous familiar at this thread:
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53497

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads