• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me fill out my pantheon!

jerichothebard

First Post
Alright - here's what I've decided on. Note that I have made some small alterations to the original four.

The full pantheon:

ORB (formerly Orb) - god of the sun and moon, assumed the portfolio of war after the jihad that left the other gods dead. NG. Symbol is a crescent moon with a sun burst inside it. Only remaining god.

Crustan - god of nature, birth, growth. Symbol is an uprooted oak tree. CN

Phelas - god of death, law, and judgement. LN. Symbol is a scale. Will be the last to come
back, as his return will herald the end of the undead, which are the campaign's major
villians.

Mehana - goddess of time, arcane magic, and good fortune. CG. Symbol is an hourglass.
She will likely be the first to come back, as she didn't actually die, just removed herself
from the timestream for a while, along with most of her followers. Lucky them. ;+)

Nevari - goddess of crafts, arts, home. LG. Her symbol is a flame atop a pillar. She is also known as the Swordmaker.

Bak-Ta-Thut - three-fold god of war. LG/N/CE. His/Her symbol is three broken swords,
arranged in a triangle (reminiscent of the recycling logo, actually) which represents the
unending cycle of war.
Bak - CE - this aspect of the god represents the war of destruction and conquest. Bak
is worshipped by the orcs as a stand-alone god, Bakt.
Ta - N - this aspect of the goddess represents the war of defense.
Thut - LG - this aspect of the god represents the war of righteousness against evil.

Telemore - CN - god of trickery, gambling, secrets, love. His(?) symbol is two dice, showing snake eyes.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
jerichothebard said:
Bak-Ta-Thut - three-fold god of war. LG/N/CE. His/Her symbol is three broken swords,
arranged in a triangle (reminiscent of the recycling logo, actually) which represents the
unending cycle of war.
Bak - CE - this aspect of the god represents the war of destruction and conquest. Bak
is worshipped by the orcs as a stand-alone god, Bakt.
Ta - N - this aspect of the goddess represents the war of defense.
Thut - LG - this aspect of the god represents the war of righteousness against evil.

This is very cool.

jerichothebard

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
This is very cool.

Thanks, man! It's also the answer to how the players can go about resurrecting or reintroducing a dead evil god to the world without violating their alignment...

I think that they will find that the orcs in the southlands have already resurrected an avatar of Bakt - some groundwork for the orcs suddenly becoming more powerful militarily was laid long ago...

Remove ads