• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Help on a class

Gaiseric23

First Post
Hello. I would first like to welcome you and thank you for reading my home brew class. I would like if you can read over it and give my some suggestions from my home brew class. I took inspiration from Ciri from the Witcher and Noctis from Final Fantasy 15 as well as the idea of the Kings Glaive from FF15 was well. So can you please tell me what I did right and what I can improve on the help would be greatly appreciated.

Gaiseric23

First Post
Kingsguard

Hit dice 1d10
First level 10 plus con
Hit dice after first level 1d10 or 6
Armors light medium heavy
Weapon proficiency simple martial
Saving throws. Strength Wisdom
Skills: Choice from two: Athletics, Stealth, Perception, Intimidation, Insight, Investigation,

The equipment you gain after you choose this class is
A). Scale Mail or B). Chain Shirt
A). Martial Weapon and shield or B). Two Martial Weapons
Two daggers or two hand axes
A.) Dungeoneering pack or B.) Explorer's pack

At level one you gain the ability to cast misty steps without somatic and components equal times the wisdom modifier. You regain the uses after a long rest

At level two you gain a fighting bonus
Two Weapon Fighting- When you engage in two weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack
Archery-Add a +2 to ranged attacks
Defense- While wearing armor add one to your ac class

At level three you can choice an archetype. Either way of the knight,way of the berserker or way of the king

At level 5 you can attack twice per turn instead of once. This increases to three at level 11.

At level 9 your training as allowed you to misty step double the times of your wisdom modifier. You can expend a use to allow one of your allies to misty step. This will cost an bonus action and the person must be 10 feet from you.

At level 11, your training and learning of the way that your opponent fights has allowed you to use your reaction to misty step as a reaction to a melee hit. If you take this reaction you can teleport 30 in any direction. The attack that you used a reaction on will miss
At level 14, the magic that runs through your veins allows you to misty step without limit.

At level 20 your strength increases by 4 this can go beyond 20 and you wisdom is increased by 4 as well. This can go beyond 20.

Way of the knight.
Upon selecting this at level 3 you gain 4d8 superiority die. You can select 3 maneuvers from the phb

At level three you can bond one weapon to your body after an hour ritual.This would increase at level 7 to 2 and 3 at level 10.

At level 7 you gain the ability to teleport to an ally that is getting attacked. Your opponent will then target you instead of your ally. This will require an reaction and you use it twice per day.

At level 10 you gain the ability to teleport 30 feet and make a melee attack after the teleport is made. You can not throw the weapon and use this ability. It may be used once per turn and you can use it equal to your wisdom modifier up to 5 per day.

At level 15 you gain the ability to teleport you and your allies out of harm's way of a fire ball or aoe attack. You roll a d20 and add your wisdom modifier. If you roll a dc of 15 or higher you take half damage and teleport 60ft either forward or back. Your allies use be within 60 ft of you. This is a once per short or long rest.

At level 17, you can summon three spiritual weapons and throw them at three targets or at one target . The blades disappear after being thrown and leave a mark on the target or targets. You use your action for this turn to use the ability. Next turn you can teleport to one of the targets that you have marked last turn. When you attack you use your main weapon for the attack with a added d6 damage using your wisdom modifier. Each attack will cost can action to teleport and attack the marked target. You will have to wait for three turns before you use this ability again.

Path of the Berserker

Starting at level three you enter a berserkers state. This state last for a minute and you can use it three times a day. This increases to 4 at level 7, 5 to level 15 and 6 at level 17. This causes you to become resistant to one type of damage being piercing, bludgeoning or slashing, fire, cold, lightning,acid, poison, radiant. You can change this after three rounds of combat.

At level three you gain the ability to heal yourself in combat. You expend up to five hit dice and heal that number

At level 7 you gain the ability to further your berserker state. You can use a reaction to caught an enemy missile and you now gain two resistance to either slashing piercing or bludgeoning, fire, cold, lightning, acid, poison, radiant.

At level ten you gain the ability to deal an extra damage 1d6 using your wisdom modifier when you roll for damage.

At level 15 you gain the ability to chain three attacks of enemies that are less than 30 feet away from each other. Each attack takes a negative 2 to each attack. This attack will use your actions this turn and you can only use this once per long rest.

At level 17 your berserker state has reached it peak. You are now on longer restrained by the one minute time limit and can turn your berserker state on as a free action. You can now gain a resistance to three of your choice from the list above.

Way of the king.

Upon choosing this archetype you no longer gain disadvantage to stealth when wearing medium armor. You can also choose to use your strength modifier for stealth roles.

When you throw a weapon that has a thrown property and can choose to teleport to that weapon at a max of 60 feet. You can take an ally within 5 feet of you at half of the range. So instead of 60 it will be 30. You can not use the sharpshooter feat to increase its range. You can use this feature twice per day. The range increase by 10 at level 7, 14. This will increase by one use for every 4 levels. To throw the weapon is an action an the teleport is a bonus action

At level 7 when you are targeted for a ranged attack with a max of 60 feet. You can use your reaction to teleport to the attacker. On your next turn you can make an attack role with one added weapon dice. You can only use the added damage dice once per turn.

At level 10 the magic that you use allows you to deal a massive attack of one element of your choice.You can choice from fire, lightning, thunder,cold or acid. This attack does 2d10 and requires a Dex save. The damage dice increases to 3d10 at level 14 and 4d10 at level 20.

At level 15 you gain the ability to

aco175

Legend
I always liked teleporting and I see a bit of 4e here with the race of elves that teleported and swordknight that could teleport to an ally and such. Overall the class looks rather powerful compared to other fighter-types.

I do not kike giving first level characters having 2nd level spells such as Misty Step. I may not be that big of a problem since levels 1-3 go by rather quick. You can also make this an ability that recharges each rest rather than each day. This may be a good power at 9th level.

You have a lot of ranged attacks and ranged powers but have strength instead of dexterity as a primary stat.

Gaiseric23

First Post
As A level one ability should I have it where you can choice three weapons that have the finesse and I should change the main stat to dex. As for level two should I have it where they get to misty step and they regain a d4 after a short rest.

aco175

Legend
Characters should not get that many back after a short rest. 4e eladrin (elves) could do this once per rest and 5e has that race as an option in the DMG, so I guess that a 30ft teleport (misty step) does not break rules that much. More than this would be more powerful than a mage who would normally be able to cast at that level. At 3rd level mages would be able to get this spell and use it once per day.

I wouldn't have a problem where a class gains misty step once per rest and the number of times went up at higher levels to the wisdom modifier. Maybe 6th or 9th would be a good level.

If the class is a dex build than that should be a primary stat, but if they are a fighter-type where it would be either strength or dex depending on the path they want to choose at 3rd level, it should be strength. For a fighter based class they should have access to both simple and martial weapons which would include all the finesse weapons already. If you were limiting the class because it is too powerful you could have just basic weapons and maybe throw in a finesse weapon like what thief does.

Remove ads