• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

help with frenzied berzerker

parinho7

First Post
i need help selecting equipment for my neanderthal barbarian(2)/fighter(8)/frenzied berzerker(10) (unlimited gp)

this is what i have so far:

Head : Draconic Graft (Frightful Crest)
Face : Crystal Mask of Mindarmor
Neck :
Torso : Vest of Resistance +5 (ADDED)
Body :
Waist : Belt of Magnificence +6
Shoulders : Wings of Flying
Arms/Wrists : Strongarm Bracers
Hands :
Feet : Boots of Striding and Springing
Ring : Ring of Evasion
Ring :

Weapon : +5 Large Valorous Charging Tigerskull Club of Collision

Last edited:

parinho7

First Post
here is my final selection:

Head : Frightful Crest
Face : Crystal Mask of Mindarmor
Neck : Amulet of Natural Armor +5
Torso : Vest of Resistance +5
Body : +3 Aporter Death Ward Mithral Breastplate of Freedom and Mobility - Augment Crystal (Greater Iron Ward Diamond)
Waist : Belt of Magnificence +6
Shoulders : Wings of Flying
Arms/Wrists : Strongarm Bracers
Hands : Gauntlets of Destruction
Feet : Boots of Striding and Springing
Ring : Ring of Evasion
Ring : Ring of Protection +5

Weapon : +5 Large Valorous Charging Tigerskull Club of Collision

thoughts???

maleficarium

First Post
Honestly, if you really have the option of getting anything and everything you want (unlimited gp) that list is too 'soft'. To begin with do not buy ANYTHING that just gives you stats/bonuses, buy an item with some special property and then by the MIC tables add the stats you want on it.

Also, as a barbarian your speed should be decent enough, so I would go with Cloak of the Phoenix. You may loose some flight speed but perfect maneuverability is good to have.

Grab the Hathran (I think that's what it's called) mask of true seeing. Permanent true seeing for 75k gold is good to have.

Check MIC and other books for armor/weapon enchantments that cost CASH and not enchantment bonus. You will end up with something like +1 of Soulfire, Freedom of Movement, Blueshine, Easy Travel, Called, Daylight, Mindarmor, Shadow (Greater), Aporter, Deepdweller, Quickness armor. Ridiculus? Sure, but that's how your equipment ends up @ epic level with unlimited cash. Also get Soulfire on your armor instead of Death Ward, it's a bit better if I recall right. Done with the armor? Now do the same with your weapons. It's gonna be easier since there are less weapon enchants than armor enchants.

Other suggestions, get a dagger enchanted with Initiative, Eager and Warning, just carry it around and drop it and draw your main weapon when combat begins, it gives you something about +9 to initiative checks.

Belt of Battle is one of the best belts around, at minimum i will let you move+full attack 3/day. Also don't forget to grab some of the ioun stones that fit your character. As well as some utility magic items such as Bead of Force, Dust of Dryness and Dust of Sneezing and Chocking (though I doubt any sane DM will let you have this last dust, I wouldn't atleast.)

Hand of Glory is probably the best neck item around if you are not out for something specific, get it enchanted with +6 Con and +5 Nat AC. The extra ring slot can be used for a Ring of Freedom of Movement so you can free up those enchantment bonus slots on your armor for something else. Though there is a necklace that let you cast AMF 1/day [MENTION=18269]CL[/MENTION]11 if you get bashed by spellcasters often.

Some of these suggestions might be a bit too 'cheesy' for your campaign, especially the super-armor/weapon enchantment stacking and honestly I don't encourage using Dust of Sneezing and Chocking on any campaign unless you are running arena games VS deities with the party @ lvl 8. But you did say unlimited GP, so I went wild :devil:.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads