• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with personality for my Druid

smetzger

Explorer
Hi,

I need some help with personality for my NG Human Druid in a Greyhawk Campaign. Just need something I can get a handle on. Maybe a movie character that I can emulate.

Some background. His father, a ranger, has been murdered by a mysterious man in black that looks like the Kurgan. He doesn't follow any deity per say, just reveirs nature. He is not a greenpeace nut but believes that nature and man should exist peacefully together and respect each other.

Thanks,
*:> Scott

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I'd go either Merlin or perhaps my own druidic counterpart, Tharn Tornil. He's NG Druid of Denev, working with the Divine races to push back the Titanspawn. He's stern, a little unfriendly but not to harsh. He's a rather laid back fellow at heart, but brooks very little of what he sees as "lackadasical" attitidues, especially concerning nature. He also believes in balance, but thinks that there are good number of unnatural creatures that need to be culled for the balance to be perserved. Thus monstrous humaniods, abberations, indeed outsiders as well have no place in the natural order of things. He rarely summons elementals, if only to combat other druids elemental powers. He also has a strong dislike for both law and chaoc, seeing both as unbalance when brought to bear.

That help any?

Merlin is a good way to go for a druid. Does this guy seek revenge for his father's death? If so, you might want to play him a bit proactive. Redressing wrongs done to nature. Rewarding communities that meet their obligations to nature when he can (i.e. increasing their harvest with his powers, etc.)

Or you could go a little extreme, where his father's death drove him to embrace life in all its forms. He would abhor death of natural creatures, especially of sentients. That would be tough to play as an adventurer, but you could have him struggling with his druidic code and beliefs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads