D&D 5E Help with Plasmoid Druid Circle of Spores

I guess it's arguable, but the text says:
If a beast or a humanoid that is Small or Medium dies within 10 feet of you, you can use your reaction to animate it

It remains animate for 1 hour, after which time it collapses and dies.
So, every hour, out of combat, your previously animated zombie becomes a legit target for this ability.

But I haven't played this subclass.

ElterAgo

Explorer
So, we had our session zero. Most likely a Human bow spec ranger, an Eladrin cleric, a Fairy wizard, and me. So melee duties will be primarily handled by the cleric and myself. Maybe mostly me.

I have decided. Dun, dun, dun!
Plasmoid druid X / monk 5 with the astral drifter background.
I will take at least 2 druid levels first to get into the circle of spores.
Then at least 1 level of monk for the AC and slight melee boost.
Str 8, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10 Wis 17m Cha 8 (I'm feel like a mobile jelly shouldn't be all that strong and can't understand why people don't like it)
Background gives the Magic Initiate Feat. I was planning to take the cantrips Guidance and Sacred Flame. Then the 1st level spell Sanctuary.
Druid cantrips are Poison Spray and Druidcraft (duh).

Don't think there are too many creatures immune to both poison and radiant damage.

Note: Since there is a cleric, I'm considering switching to the Wildspacer background that gives the toughness feat.

Any thoughts on what order to take the rest of the levels? Should I just do all 5 monk then re-start druid?

What about feats, any suggestions there? Especially ones that have the +1 to wisdom in addition to the other power gained.

Last edited:

Looks good to me, dumping strength makes sense thematically and mechanically. I wouldn't choose those cantrips. Almost everything is immune to poison in 5e. I'd pick up Shillelagh and Thorn Whip. Shillelagh qualifies as a monk weapon, and Thorn Whip is great. Sacred Flame fills in as a longer range attack. You only need one person with Guidance, and as the cleric gets more cantrips it makes sense for them to take it.

What feat are you planning on taking at level 4? If it doesn't come with +1 wisdom you are better with a wisdom of 16 upped to 18 at level 4.

It's a long way until level 7. There is no need to plan your build until you get there. You can adapt to what the rest of the party can do, and what loot you find.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases