• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Helspar's pencil and inks

Helspar

First Post
Yeah, yeah I know ol' Helspar don't post very much here, but I'm trying to kick my ass in gear to do up some more campaign stuff for my players so someone suggested I put some stuff up here and see what people say to maybe get some inspiration. Anyhoo without any further ado...

Feel free to post any comments, or if you have any requests fire away and I'll see what I can do.

Helspar

First Post
First, we have everyone's favorite adventuring party.... looks like they're in for a bad time.;)

Hey! There's Nylarlathotep! :D

Adventurers.jpg

nyrfherdr

First Post
Helspar,
I really like the work.
My favorite is that you have created a story in a picture. Many artists focus on a figure or a face. I love that you have created an entire scene. You have a distinctive style that really shows through and I think you capitalize on it well.
Are there some technical issues, certainly, but they aren't worth mentioning because the composition works so well.

Nicely done.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

apalmer

First Post
Yep...most definitly a good piece. Did you post this in another thread...I went looking for it to comment after I first saw it and couldnt find it. Glad you put it here.

Good work....I am ink deficient so I can really appreciate the work here. I like the bold lines...it reall makes the pic jump out. And yep...I agree the style works really well.

Great job man.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
That really is a great pic. I have great appreciation for black and white art and color, but for me personally I think that black and white is much cleaner and more easily identifiable. Your Nyrlathotep would a great troll in a pinch too!

BTW I love your sig!

Helspar

First Post
Nylarlathotep is actually the priest at the right of the picture (Character's name is Clovis) The rest would be Brude the barbarian the Celtic tracker guy, Morgana the sorceress, and Otis the thief. The troll was tehir bad-guy of the week when this part of the campaign was going on.

Thanks for the comments people.

Here's another from the same campaign, pencil work.

Kobold.jpg

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
The gnoll is definatly one of my favorites ;)

Now if you could just draw your briefly-lived dwarf being roasted on a spit by goblins, I'd be super-pleased :)

Helspar

First Post
Actually I do have a picture of said dwarf that I might upload later here, albeit not in that configuration. For the record I wasn't playing him at the time or I'm sure he'd still be out there running around kicking ass and taking names. ;)

Anyhoo, the real reason I'm here: another offering!

HobgoblinsRough.jpg

Possibly an upcomming scene? What will Otis do? Will our pilfering protagonist pull a plum out of the pickle he's plopped himself into? Tune in next time...

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Helspar said:
What will Otis do? Will our pilfering protagonist pull a plum out of the pickle he's plopped himself into? Tune in next time...
ROFLMAO!!!!! Oh, my sides....

Great pieces. Really like 'em. Keep it coming!

Remove ads