• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here be Dragons... Yet Again: D&D Movie 3!

reveal

Adventurer
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16336

Here's a joke to start the day off: what's worse than a really bad film? Three really bad films. Okay, so it's not funny but then neither was 2001's Dungeons & Dragons, nor was it exciting, or even particularly entertaining, but that didn't stop them from giving the green light to Dungeons & Dragons 2: The Elemental Might. Said travesty is purported to hit cinemas sometime next year. But it gets worse: without any consideration for the global implications or the likelihood of agonized cinemagoers eating their own elbows in despair, Dungeons & Dragons 3 has taken off as well!

Bruce Payne will return once again as blue-lipsticked baddie Damodar (Jeremy Irons' lacky from the first film) in yet another tale of might and magic that will make even die hard roleplayers cast down their thirty-eight-sided dice in disgust. A little harsh, perhaps? They might have learned from the first film and the sequels could turn out to be epic fantasy tales on a par with The Lord of The Rings. We'll concede it's possible. It's also possible, however, that Empire's ninth level half-elf ranger will win that battle with the all-powerful Demogorgon at the end of Watcher's Keep.

Don't hold your breath for either.

Mystery Man

First Post
w00t!!

What they need desparately to make is a sequel to A Knights Tale. I've just been dying to find out what happens next!!!!!

ghettognome

First Post
We should at least give them a chance to see if the 2nd one is any good before making judgement on a 3rd, though I think it is a bit presumptuous of them to start on it this early.

reveal

Adventurer
The D&D movie was ok to a point. It was ok until they threw a rock and the beholder went looking for it, not seeing them. After that, it was like they threw stuff in just to finish the movie. :(

I think if they had left the deleted scenes in the movie, you can see them on the DVD, it would have been a lot better as it would have explained some weird things that happened in the theater version.

Hopefully the next movie(s) will be better.

Mystery Man

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
I liked A Knight's Tale
:eek:
I was serious, but in a silly kind of way.

No matter how much we poke fun at the D&D movies most of us still have the DVD don't we? And we're most likely going get the D&D movies when they hit the shelves.

Mystery Man

First Post
reveal said:
The D&D movie was ok to a point. It was ok until they threw a rock and the beholder went looking for it, not seeing them. After that, it was like they threw stuff in just to finish the movie. :(

I think if they had left the deleted scenes in the movie, you can see them on the DVD, it would have been a lot better as it would have explained some weird things that happened in the theater version.

Hopefully the next movie(s) will be better.
I love this guy..

Tandems Movie Rant

A quote:

DM: A broad shouldered man stands before you, his chiseled frame and grim visage exuding malevolence. He wears dark leather and bears a sword on his hip. His face looks as if chiseled from stone, every line deep with hatred and anger. His shadowed eyes and blue lips purse as if to--
Tandem: Wait wait, he's wearing lipstick?
Dwarf: Damn, even the bard's not sissy enough to wear makeup
Halfing: HAAAAH HA HA! Is he wearing curlers?
DM: No, he's bald! Shut up! He's really scary looking!
Dwarf: Pff, sure, sure he is. Bald with blue lips. Grim visage my ass! You want this one?
Tandem: Yeah I got it, but you handle the scrawny-ass overacting wizard.
All of his points, while sarcastic and mostly funny are spot on.

Mystery Man said:
I was serious, but in a silly kind of way.

No matter how much we poke fun at the D&D movies most of us still have the DVD don't we? And we're most likely going get the D&D movies when they hit the shelves.
We are...? Sorry, but I'm not paying for the DVD of the first and only movie I've ever seriously considered walking out of.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads