D&D Movie/TV Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more! There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the...

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more!

There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the D&D cartoon characters from the 80s have a cameo!

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Interesting. Too early to tell if it's going to be good or not. The plot they share in the trailer seems a bit cliche, but this is just the trailer and it is pretty standard for a D&D adventure. Most of the CGI looked good. I kind of wish that some of the party looked more non-Human, because I think a live-action Tiefling or Dragonborn adventurer could be awesome.

I'm definitely seeing the movie when it comes out. I'll probably go with my D&D group. I'll wait until then to give further judgment.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I thought people were more into “role playing” now instead of “roll playing”.
"Roleplaying" doesn't mean "adhering to every stereotype associated with your class". And classes now typically don't dictate how to roleplay your character. Paladins don't have alignment restrictions anymore, Lawful Good characters can worship/be warlocks to Chaotic Evil Gods/Patrons, and so on.

Interesting. Too early to tell if it's going to be good or not. The plot they share in the trailer seems a bit cliche, but this is just the trailer and it is pretty standard for a D&D adventure. Most of the CGI looked good. I kind of wish that some of the party looked more non-Human, because I think a live-action Tiefling or Dragonborn adventurer could be awesome.

I'm definitely seeing the movie when it comes out. I'll probably go with my D&D group. I'll wait until then to give further judgment.

The druid is a tiefling, look for the horns.

Michelle Rodriguez' character may be a dwarf, although I don't think that's been confirmed.

Remove ads

Remove ads