D&D Movie/TV Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more! There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the...

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more!

There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the D&D cartoon characters from the 80s have a cameo!

Interesting. Too early to tell if it's going to be good or not. The plot they share in the trailer seems a bit cliche, but this is just the trailer and it is pretty standard for a D&D adventure. Most of the CGI looked good. I kind of wish that some of the party looked more non-Human, because I think a live-action Tiefling or Dragonborn adventurer could be awesome.

I'm definitely seeing the movie when it comes out. I'll probably go with my D&D group. I'll wait until then to give further judgment.
The druid is a tiefling (at least certainly seems so based on horns and prehensile tail (see: scene where she is "falling" into another dimension or room)), I think they just made a decision not to force the actress into rebecca romijn levels of body paint.

Also pre-4th edition tieflings had a lot more art that depicted them as "human, but with horns"

pukunui

Legend
Also I think Michelle Rodriguez might be a dwarf?
If she is, they forgot to make her silhouette shorter on the movie poster.

Also anyone else notice the super chunky red dragon? Making me remember Out of the Abyss and Themberchaud now
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is Themberchaud, which means they must visit Gracklstugh at some point in the movie.

That's not just any old owlbear. It's a snowy owlbear!
8fa015dfd213b1c637affd0bb443fe3d.png

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
Mostly the part about how more children will be excited to play D&D. For any reason.

Let's say that I'm watching this movie with my nieces and nephews. "Woah, that was so cool!" the oldest gushes, walking back to the car. "Uncle Nick, can I play a druid that can turn into giant monsters like that?!"

Well, the way I see it, I have a couple of responses.

Response 1: "Sorry kiddo, but that's against the rules. Here, let me show you what the rules allow."

Response 2: "A druid that can transform into monsters? That sounds awesome, let's make it happen!"

I know what my response is gonna be.
“Sure, you can do it at 9th level, when you get polymorph. :p

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is Themberchaud, which means they must visit Gracklstugh at some point in the movie.
I love this because it means this conversation had to happen:

“We should put in a major d&d villain as a cameo and I have the perfect one in mind”

“Hell YEAH! Orcus? Demogorgon? Vecna? Strahd? Tiamat? Iggilwart? Wait no iggie pop. Damn it. Tasha?”

“Hahaha no my friend. Think bigger. Think: THEMBERCHAUD”

Remove ads

Remove ads