D&D Movie/TV Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more! There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the...

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more!

There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the D&D cartoon characters from the 80s have a cameo!

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
No one watched the older movies.
Or how the Bumblebee movie was a reboot but they didn't want to full commit to calling it a reboot to not alienate fans of the Bayformers movies until the movie did well enough on its own.

If I was marketing this new movie, however, I'd try to get it out there as much as possible that it's unrelated the terrible old movies...

Honestly surprised anyone not into D&D would even remember those movies... they seem pretty forgettable.
I'd ignore the old movies entirely. They aren't relevant

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
My crazy dream for if this movie succeeds is that it not only makes sequels but allows other D&D settings to be adapted to the big screen. Eberron, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, maybe even Dark Sun eventually. I would kill for a Spelljammer movie, but that's not going to happen anytime in my lifetime.
That's my wish as well! In my case, I'd be the happiest if they gave Joe Mangianello the green light to go ahead with his Dragonlance movie. One can only hope! 🤞

Yes.

Some think it is a soft reboot of the series. Others are asking why it is being made if the others in the series didn't do so well. Some are wondering if you need to watch the others to understand this one...and so forth.

Remember, not everyone is a D&D fan or following how D&D flows and works.

Instead of calling it Dungeon and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves they should have called it Forgotten Realms: Honor Among Thieves so the old baggage would not get attached to it and because D&D is a series if rule sets, Forgotten Realms is the actually setting.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Instead of calling it Dungeon and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves they should have called it Forgotten Realms: Honor Among Thieves so the old baggage would not get attached to it and because D&D is a series if rule sets, Forgotten Realms is the actually setting.
They want to make the D&D brand a thing, not the Forgotten Realms. And the D&D brand is the one that has the heft to it - the number of people who have heard of Forgotten Realms outside of ttrpgs is mostly CRPG players.

Also the idea that once you make a bad movie with a brand that brand is forever tainted and can never be used again would be news to pretty much all of Hollywood.

Remove ads

Remove ads