D&D Movie/TV Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more! There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the...

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more!

There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the D&D cartoon characters from the 80s have a cameo!

nyvinter

Adventurer
A cute girl with horns and a tail shapechanges into an Owlbear.
That is the essence of the new intake of DND. There will be Owlbear mania, and this will drive the movies success to the masses.
I sense a plushy outbreak.
Metal Weave Games have the accidentally best timed merchandise release with the preorder of their owlbear plushtoys. Including a snowy one.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
100 million views, and only a million were from @Abstruse

Is that number combining views on all of the sites/accounts it was posted on? Because that video just has 15 million views. However, if they were using a combined count, that would make sense.

(Also, I think I was at least 10 million of those views. I've watched the trailer way too many times in the past two days.)

Edit: A word

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
They also made it clear with the current canon policy that licensed media are a whole separate thing from the tabletop game's canon - even novels, at this point. Anyone expecting the film to be true to anything said in even the 5E core rulebooks is setting themselves up for disappointment.
While defacto true, the designers made a point to distinguish between core book canon which is binding, versus anything else. So things that diverge from core, including owlbear, seem to require some form of explanation.

JEB

Legend
While defacto true, the designers made a point to distinguish between core book canon which is binding, versus anything else. So things that diverge from core, including owlbear, seem to require some form of explanation.
I sincerely doubt the movie will explain why the druid can turn into an owlbear, or any other divergence from the 5E core rules. More likely the 2024 core rules will adjust to explain any changes the movie introduces, for brand consistency.

Yaarel

He Mage
I sincerely doubt the movie will explain why the druid can turn into an owlbear, or any other divergence from the 5E core rules. More likely the 2024 core rules will adjust to explain any changes the movie introduces, for brand consistency.
Yeah. It would be trivially easy to say the Druid has a magic item that lets her wildshape into an owlbear.

But I suspect the designers plan to adjust the core itself to match the movie - especially now that there is a buzz.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Is that number combining views on all of the sites/accounts it was posted on? Because that video just has 15 million views. However, if they were using a combined count, that would make sense.

(Also, I think I was at least 10 million of those views. I've watched the trailer way too many times in the past two days.)

Edit: A word
They're likely tracking views from other platforms and other hosts

GreyLord

Legend
I must admit, only the first 40 or so were from me. All the other times I viewed it was after I ripped the video so I could put it in Premiere to make all those GIFs from my article on it :p

How did you rip a video (old fogey asking here)?

As long as it's a legal way to rip the video...of course.

Remove ads

Remove ads