• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

It's unfortunate the Necromancer is not going to be in the PHB, because I have a pretty clear picture of what a female Necromancer Wizard looks like.

Hussar

Legend
Not to mention two seasons of Good Omens (with a third one coming) and a second Netflix show coming next month with Dead Boy Detectives.

He also travels and do story readings and lectures about storytelling. These are things that sell out at the theatre venues.
Not to mention, he's actually are really nice guy.

I wanted to do a short story of his in my English class - How to Talk to Girls at Parties (made into a movie with Nicole Kidman) - and I wanted to do it right. So, I emailed him, and straight up asked him if he minded if I printed a bunch of copies of his short story (it was on his website at the time) and used it and if he wanted me to sign some sort of boilerplate or anything like that (I had done that with some previous authors). He was really cool about it, told me to go for it and send pictures of the class. Which I did.

Very cool guy.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Not to mention, he's actually are really nice guy.

I wanted to do a short story of his in my English class - How to Talk to Girls at Parties (made into a movie with Nicole Kidman) - and I wanted to do it right. So, I emailed him, and straight up asked him if he minded if I printed a bunch of copies of his short story (it was on his website at the time) and used it and if he wanted me to sign some sort of boilerplate or anything like that (I had done that with some previous authors). He was really cool about it, told me to go for it and send pictures of the class. Which I did.

Very cool guy.
Yeah, I had occasion to interact with him early in my career and he could not have been nicer.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I have no idea who Tom Brady is. Never seen him (to my knowledge). I don't know anything about him.

If you're an American football fan, and you've just read the above (actually true) statement, then you now know how I feel (as a comic store owner) when someone says that they've never heard of Neil Gaiman.
And god knows I feel it whenever I hear someone describe something that is so far from superheroic that the light from superheroic would take ten thousand years to reach it as such.

"They're slightly hard to kill and can do things reliably! Totally means they're superheroes and not basically competent."

It's unfortunate the Necromancer is not going to be in the PHB, because I have a pretty clear picture of what a female Necromancer Wizard looks like.
It's Elvira isn't it?

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
And god knows I feel it whenever I hear someone describe something that is so far from superheroic that the light from superheroic would take ten thousand years to reach it as such.

"They're slightly hard to kill and can do things reliably! Totally means they're superheroes and not basically competent."
ugh. Yes. So much. I am really tired of criticism of recent D&D editions as anything like superheroic.

Just stoking the flames, huh?

Yep, sure, seems ridiculous, so I guess I'll make fun about it... Not cool, really. And before you, or anyone else tries putting words in my posts (again), I never said anything about impaired vision being a "flaw".
Describing spectacles as “anachronistic” displays a level of historical ignorance. And ignorance tends to accompany - other views.

Jaeger

That someone better
Describing spectacles as “anachronistic” displays a level of historical ignorance. And ignorance tends to accompany - other views.

I’d say that it’s not so much that she has glasses, but that they are very obviously Modern in design, and not what you would have seen in the medieval era.

(We know what those looked liked.)

So by comparison, Her glasses have a very anachronistic look.

Now if you want to say it’s fantasy, and they can look however the artist wants them to “because dragons”. Nothing I said matters then.

And to be honest, if we are going to go down the ‘anachronistic road’, the glasses are the least of her problems…

Last edited:
Reactions: ezo

GrimCo

Adventurer
To be fair, decent amount of literary characters would in D&D terms be sorcerers, warlocks and bards, not wizards. Harry Potter is first example that comes to mind. In that settings, wizards are born with magic powers and they just learn to channel and focus it. So, straight up sorcerer class. D&D wizards are special in regard that anyone can become one. You get some books, study hard, and voila, you learn how to cast spells. It's like civil engineers and architects. You don't really need talent per se to become civil engineer, just study hard. But to become architect, you need some talent plus study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads