• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
There is no such thing as an "NPC stage".

PCs are always the property of the players, and never cease to be. At any time, players can decide to play a high tier campaign and pull out their high level characters from earlier campaigns to do it.

I interpreted the post as meaning those with "PC Classes" (Cleric, Wizard, Fighter, etc...) being actual NPCs.

Black woman used in wizard illustration and we get a 60+ page thread asking if that’s really what wizards look like.

Not a great look. For us.

It would probably have changed a few posts if it was a different race or gender*, but most of the thread seems like it has been about art style, robe color, glasses, Neil Gaiman, and shoulder pads (as I noted before I'm fine with the former and the later had me think cleric until I actually looked, I posted a bunch of mtg links to others wizards with glasses, he's great, and I realy hadn't noticed). Jumping right to racism about the thread in general (instead of to the minority of posts that might have deserved it in particular) seems a nonsequitur to me.

* If it had been a classic Gandalf, Elminster, Merlin, Dumbledore (old bearded white guy stereotype) it would have been a very different thread!!

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I’m not a fan of this direction. It’s much more of a superhero video game look rather than Tolkien or Robert E Howard which is my preference
I don't begrudge you your preference - it's a good preference - but what you call "superhero video game look" is just a MODERN look. It's a modern fantasy look. That's why video games and superheroes use it.

Non-modern superheroes wore skin-tight painted-on crotchless naked people costumes, and non-modern video games looked like little blocky cartoon people. It's just a modern look. It would be weird if they didn't go for modern.

Zardnaar

Legend
Because it's BG3 and they're playing on Honour Mode, and whilst it gives only a single extra attack to melees, it lets casters cast an entire extra spell.

That's when you haste the warlock;).

On honor mode thr martials are often more important. Final boss fight I use 1 support and 3 Striker characters.

Only reason one of those characters is a spellcaster is lack of equipment to field 3 martials.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
There is no such thing as an "NPC stage".

PCs are always the property of the players, and never cease to be. At any time, players can decide to play a high tier campaign and pull out their high level characters from earlier campaigns to do it.
I'm not saying that PCs become DM property.

I'm saying typically old wizards are retired adventurers or never were adventurers. Rarely are actively adventuring wizards old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads